Consumer Rights in Australia

Greetings Everybody,
I write to seek some advices and assistance in understanding my rights in the situation that I'm describing now.
I booked a flight from Sydney to Bangalore on Scoot airlines using their web site. Their planner gave me a ticket routing it via singapore and I also purchased what they called as "scoot through" which enables me to avoid going through security check in Singapore. However the flight from Sydney to Singapore got delayed resulting in me missing the connecting flight from Singapore to Bangalroe. I was stranded in Airport for 2 days without any support. I not only had to buy another ticket to Bangalore but also had to pay extra baggage due to limitation in allowed weight. I therefore would expect the scoot to refund me the ticket but point blankly refused to do so. Therefere I need your advice on what should I be doing in this situation
Your valuable comments is highly appreciated
Regards
Srivani

Unfortunately you will not be able to do much about it.
This is the problem with cheap airlines.

If all of those who were affected by the delay were to engage a lawyer to fight your case, the cost of the lawyer would be more expensive than what you would get back if you won the case.

Scoot will have a clause in the fine print on the ticket which absolves them from any liability.

customer service here is notoriously poor. They love to get aggressive right away and don't care if they are condescending with you. Forget about returns policies and refunds-

The laws sound good and you feel protected but you are NOT. Caveat Emptor. The consumer policies here are written to keep people in jobs but the enforcement and impleentation of any kind of true customer service and keeping/winning loyalty of customers is a joke-They assume everyone is a scam artist and have fine print protecting themselves.
Toothless tigers-

What are you gonna do? Go to the next country ...ha ha ha you're on an Island-Island madness mentality rules.

I think that the real issue here is that Scoot is a Singapore airline (owned by Singapore Airlines) and I doubt that any remedy would be available under Australian consumer protection law.  However you could find a more definitive answer by contacting the ACCC - http://www.accc.gov.au/.

Unfortunately Chrissy1 is correct; Australia's customer service is rather poor.  I am a 5th generation Australia and I can handle it but it must be truly unpleasant for immigrants and holiday travellers if they have to deal with it.

I hope that you are able to find a remedy.

Thank you everybody for the overwhelming response. I now get an idea on whether to pursue further on this
Thanks again
Have a nice day