Driving license in Nigeria

Hi all,

Can a foreigner take the driving test in Nigeria?

What are the formalities to get a driver's licence in Nigeria?

Do you need special or extra documents being an expatriate?

How much does it cost?

Thank you for participating ;).

Armand

You don't need a test to take driving lessons in Nigeria. All you need to do is apply. Its about 5,000 naira

I meant *driving licence*

Kindly don't paint our image pls he needs to be tested which Lagos state Government is working on now. More over he needs to appear @ the FRSC center for data capture for processing his drivers license. The 5k thing is some how n you r on your own.!

Thank you both for your contribution! ;)

Aurélie

Hi,

Tested or not, you will probably have to add a little something for your driving licence to be released at the FRSC...
Anyway, driving in Nigeria is quite a sport, especially in Lagos...
There is basically one rule: the craziest driver goes first.
If you have the opportunity, hire a driver. You will save a lot of sweat, and you will be able to use the time spent in the "go slow" (traffic jams) to phone, read mails etc...

GriffinDark wrote:

Hi,

Tested or not, you will probably have to add a little something for your driving licence to be released at the FRSC...
Anyway, driving in Nigeria is quite a sport, especially in Lagos...
There is basically one rule: the craziest driver goes first.
If you have the opportunity, hire a driver. You will save a lot of sweat, and you will be able to use the time spent in the "go slow" (traffic jams) to phone, read mails etc...

True.

My husband and I just got the new drivers licence last month. We were not tested. Go to FRSC office for enquiries.
Truth be told, image or no image. They don't have the time to test you.

uzeeanne wrote:

My husband and I just got the new drivers licence last month. We were not tested. Go to FRSC office for enquiries.
Truth be told, image or no image. They don't have the time to test you.

Is the new one(drivers license) any different from the old one? Also is there thing like international drivers license at FRSC?

my fiance and i got our driver's license by giving someone 7k with the following:  passport picture, and on a plain sheet of paper our names, birthdate, height, weight, nationality, address, and blood type, then a sample of signature.  we got ours here in abuja but had nassarawa state as issuing state. :)

Please I will like to know how much commercial drivers License cost in Nigeria. Also, how long does the process take.

Hi, pls I would like to ask can I drive in Lagos with an Australia licence

Austin12345 wrote:

Hi, pls I would like to ask can I drive in Lagos with an Australia licence

A Google search may find out for you.

I would advice you to get the Nigerian drivers license https://www.nigeriadriverslicence.org/

[ Moderated : inappropriate content ]