What areas to live In Portugal?

Hello, I'm from the UK and wish to have a home in Portugal in the near future. I wonder if someone could advise me on what areas to live in where I would be not too far from the beach about 30 minute drive, close to the expert community and locals, away from a very busy city but with all the amenities, bars, restaurants, nightlife, about an hour drive to the airport and house prices are within reach.

Thanks
Hello daniyke,

Welcome to expat.com!

Kindly note that I have created a new discussion from your original post so that you benefit from more advices from our members1f609.svg

You can check the Housing in Portugal page. You will have an idea of the price of properties and where eventually you will like to settle down.

Cheers,

Yoginee
Expat.com team
Thanks
Hello daniyke,

Less than an hour from Lisbon airport, and less than 30 minutes from the beaches you have Azeitão, Setúbal, Palmela, Oeiras, Cascais, Mafra, Sintra, Ericeira, ...

In the Algarve, you have all the cities within 1 hour from Faro airport.

Less than an hour from Porto airport, and less than 30 minutes from the beaches you have Matosinhos, Foz do Porto, Braga, Barcelos, Aveiro, Espinho, Vila do Conde, Esposende, ...

The waters in the south are warmer than in north of Lisbon, ... expatriate communities can be found spread from north to south. The English community is more settled in the Algarve, but it also has English speaking communities in the Lisbon region, in the Porto region, Silver Coast, etc.

Best Regards

daniyke,

check out Porto and Vila Nova de Gaia. (across the river from Porto).   We live in the Porto district, Rio Tinto.  The Metro stop is 4 minutes from our building.  From there we can go anywhere.

Porto and Gaia have a good Metro and train system, and an international airport.  Pick somewhere close to the Metro.  The beach is 10 - 20 minutes by car.  You can take the Metro to Matosinhos, where you'll find wall to wall great seafood restaurants down by the water.

Not too hot in the summer and not too cold in the winter.  Often a nice breeze to keep things cool.

p.s. I'm NOT with the chamber of businesses.  LOL. We love it here!

Andrew

@daniyke

HI, are you buying or renting?

Thanks Carlos