Dominican Peso

Any reason for increase against US or Canadian dollars?

Other currencies vs US dollars been going down greatly (ie Euro or Pound)
That's a very good question!  I do not know the answer.
I think this may be a function of the most recent interest rate adjustments made by Dominican financial authorities.  The DR central bank is expected to continue to tweak interest rates and folks are anticipating more appreciation and increase in the value of the pesos in the months ahead. There is no relation to the strength of thr domonkcan economy, more about ratss.   So it may be a good time to buy pesos now.  As for Euro vs US, it is the opposite with dollar reaching  parity with euro due to fiscal policy and rate adjustments. 
I had not paid attention but since arezkiofstow brought up interest rates, they have raised them quite a bit this year. Has much been made in the news on interest rates?

Dominican Republic - Key rates
Date    Key rates
08/01/2022    7.75%
07/01/2022    7.25%
06/01/2022    6.50%
04/01/2022    5.50%
02/01/2022    5.00%
01/01/2022    4.50%
12/01/2021    3.50%
09/01/2020    3.00%
03/01/2020    3.50%
@DRVisitor

I am not sure but it is the same with interest rates in the US.  They are much much higher than in 2020.

@DRVisitor and they plan to continue to raise them at a faster rate than US, making peso more expansive.  That's a multiple month move.

The peso is expected to trade at $55.40 in the next 12 months according to economics global  ….. but the Forex (Foreign exchange ) is updated every 5 min by very smart highly technical analysis …. You can view this on Walletinvestor.com if you want to hedge your bet
53.63 closing rate today,i use stockmaster to track my stocks
have a great afternoon
Walletinvestor.com is only for exchange rates information for those that like to invest in currency , like the pesos, pound  or  ruble….. what goes down sometimes goes back up…..otherwise I would suggest Fidelity and TDamritrade….
Tomato tomoto
Please stick to discussion of the topic. Thanks everyone.
@arezkiofstow

I checked today and the euro was lower than the us dollar.  Wow
@Tippj

Peso has gone down alot compared to the USD or Canadian $, ie, we can buy alot more per dollar than when we did in 2019.  I dont understand how its so steady and predicted to stay the same for the next year.    Lets see what happens.
Here is an interesting chart to look at: https://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from … p;view=10Y

The Canadian dollar is about the same now as it was 10 years ago.  However, in the past year the Canadian dollar has dropped significantly against the peso.  In May of last year we were getting just over 47 pesos for a dollar and now its just over 41.

It's a rollercoaster but not much we can do unless you want to get into trading...