Getting the ID Card after landing

Hello,

I'm looking for any guidance on how or where to get a rendezvous from Belgium authorities to come to check my staying.
Basically how to report to them that I landed and came to Belgium. 

On my visa D page, it says I need to declare in 8 days that I've landed in Belgium. But I couldn't find more information about how to register.
And if anyone knows, after registration, can i travel outside of Belgium but inside of Schengen area?
I have multi visa D type valid for a year.
Hello,

you first need to know where you gonna live (in which city), then you go the commune / town hall of that city to the foreigner department to state your arrival (annexe 3)

As you have a visa D, you can obviously travel outside Belgium although I would not recommend it for more than few days as you just arrived and police need to verify your address at home.
@AlexFromBelgium
Hi Alex, thank you for your answer.

I'm not sure about the future but I'm trying to find a place on Airbnb temporarily. It's very difficult to find any apartments cheap in the Bruxelles area, so I'm looking for other areas.
Do you know if I can only apply to the state hall which I've applied for my single permit as well?
You need an address, that's the starting point.
Keep in mind that in the biggest city in Belgium (Brussels / Antwerpen / ...) you need to book an appointment to the town hall!!!
For some city, it can take 2-3 weeks!
@ismtbgy
Hello, I think the first thing to do is to go to the commune where you have taken up your residence.

Report to them and then they will send the communal police to visit and see if you are actualing living there.

From there they will then confirm your address and invite you at the next stage to come for your residence card depending on the entry visa given to you.
Indeed first is to find an address, then contact the cityhall in that locality to make an appointment to initiate the process for residence permit.

@Aneesh  hi what about freshly arrived to Brussels you will be registering your self to the commune where you want to live but no one will be renting an apartment without ID. I am traveling in 15 days however I know which commune I will be living and will be staying in a hotel for 20 days. Any idea of what can I do?

They will rent you based on your passport and visa. This is how it is working for all expats moving to Belgium :) Once can apply for a residence permit only after setting up a residence (having a rental contract).

You can send an email (you can find contact info of foreigners desk by google) to the commune (where you are going to stay temporarily) to announce your arrival, but they are going to suggest you what we told above.