Moving to Mauritius soon - what VISA?

We're a family of 4 I want to apply for a retirement VISA - and my wife. who is a personal trainer wants to work my questions are as follows;
1/ Do we go to Mauritius as tourists then apply?
2/ First get the retirement VISA and when in Mauritius apply for the work permit for my wife?
3/ Where and how do I apply for the VISA in Cape Town?
4/ Any reputable company that can assist with this process?
Any advise would be greatly appreciated
Hello Lemmy1958,

Till members revert .......

Retirement visa (residence permit for retiree) can be processed online (before your arrival) through the EDB platform : https://residency.mu/retire/retired-non … -50-years/

If your wife wishes to work in Mauritius,  she needs an occupation permit (professional for employees, self-employed for one-man business or investor) .

Which one best suits her needs ?

Here are all infos about occupation permit categories  :

- Do we go to Mauritius as tourists then apply?

For an occupation permit, no! Otherwise you will have to leave the island to process the occupation permit. Those who have already found a job or plan to apply for an Occupation permit normally come on a business visa.

I hope other members who have gone through these same steps will be able to shed the light on your queries...

Regards,
Anoushka
@Anou86 Thank You - Anoushka
I see I also need a medical certificate - my question is must this be done in Mauritius or can I do this in Cape Town South Africa. Many Thanks Derek

@Lemmy1958 we going to use this agent to help us

Head of Operations
JJ Accounting Services Limited
Email:***
Mobile:+2305***

Hi Samanthra,

Could you please share the contact details through private message or recommend in the Mauritius business directory please, if the agent gives his authorisation ?

It will benefit members who can easily find his contacts.

Thanks in advance,
Bhavna