Buying a property in Las Terrenas

Have any of you experience paying lawyers to deal with real estate paperwork in LT? How much have a lawyer charge you to do a promise of purchase (and notarized it) in Las Terrenas?

Reason im asking is because im hearing some crazy numbers compare to Santo Domingo or other cities.
I bought two properties in Las Terrenas from sellers who live in Santo Domingo and never used Las Terrenas lawyers, brokers, bankers, RE folks, etc.  Anything that you do in Las Terrenas is expansive beyond logic. The concentration of foreigners seem to give the local businesses (partly owned by foreigners too) the impression they can price without limits, including over-priced real estate.  So anything you can do in SD, do it there. 
Yes, Las Terrenas is the wild West as we say in the USA..I am assisting some builders in getting the Confotur permits because the lawyers here see one client and think I am going to retire
We've used Guzman Ariza for all 3 of our purchases They aren't cheap, but they are good!

Two of our properties have now been sold and the buyers used other attorneys. With those transactions, we saw that Guzman was much more efficient, accurate, and timely!
More than 2-400USD and you are paying too much for a notarized promise of sale by a respectable lawyer.

[link moderated]

In this video, I explain the guarantees offered by the law of the Dominican Republic in case the owner of a property dies.

Moderated by Bhavna last year
Reason : External link
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@ddmcghee I think it depends which lawyer you get, Denise.  not mentioning any names but we (and many others) have horror stories to tell about that firm

@Jwoddis Wow! Good to know!

My last interaction with them wasn't positive. $350 for a simple POA, and then they wanted $1000 to do a title lien search and pull a document out of my file when I sold a property.