Video Surveillance/ security door/CCTV

Hello everyone,

Our beautiful island is suffering with the craziness of this new economy. Sadly, my parents house in Medine Bambous have been robed, electric wires, tv, then the police came and did an inventory. A week after, the robbers came again and this time, they stole the FRIDGE and a table with 6 chairs. Unbelievable!!!! Luckily they were not in the house. They are still investigating but I doubt they will find the perpetrators.

1) Now, I would like to know where to buy video surveillance, anti-theft door? How to avoid this situation, any recommendations?

2) In 2011, Mauritius launched the CCTV street surveillance system. Lost of places are recorded but certain area of Mauritius are lacking those city cameras. Where could we asked to have one in my neighborhood in Bambous?

Thank you
Pascale
@Pascale05

Hi pascals

I recommend eufy cameras on amazon

They alert you with motion detectors

Lights come on

An possibility to communicate with anyone via speakers

Cost around 15000 if you bring in from europe
Hello Pascal,

I recommend you contact***** Security Systems in Triolet.

Their contacts *****

Email: ****

At least you are assured of quality work with warranty and good customer service 
Moderated by Djameel last year
Reason : No external links/promotional content on the forum please.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
@Pascale05

Hello Pascale, my brother Suraj do this for a living. You may contact him*****

Regards,

Kavi
Moderated by Djameel last year
Reason : No external links/promotional content on the forum please.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
Hello everyone,

@ Pascale, Sorry to hear about the robbery your family had to face. I am myself looking for home security services and will as a first choice contact Brinks to know more about their products.

I have also spotted some professionals listed in the Alarms & CCTV Cameras in Mauritius section of the business directory, might give them a call.

Concerning safe city cameras etc, you might want to contact the village president, he should be able to further communicate with police and authorities.

Regards,
Anoushka

@linuxghost Merci. Il faut seulement de la security avec gardien. Je continue mes recherches.

Hello Pascale05,

Kindly write in English only please as this is an English speaking forum. 1f609.svg

Cheers,

Cheryl
Expat.com team
@linuxghost

But ezviz hikvision camera
So sorry to hear about your plea.  What do you mean by electric cables having been stolen? Did they remove your cables throughout the house?  My house has been burgled several times while it was under refurbishment over the last 3 years and during lockdown.  I now have a cctv camera system installed by a local guy in Goodlands.  I also have some wifi cameras (deliberate choice) so i have other options in case…..Local guy  is fascinated by gadgets and he def knows what he is doing….he did mine and it works beautifully.  Highly recommend cameras.  Unfortunately there isn't a service whereby someone can watch your cameras while you sleep….that would be a wonderful service.  You asked about the street cctv system.  I am not sure you can ask for one to be installed by your street. They are placed at junctions.   Having said that, it does not hurt to ask. I know a chap who requested for it to be placed by his property when it was being installed.  He lives by a junction. 
Btw, the police does not know what you had in the house.  You have to do the inventory and tell the police.  This is important for insurance purposes.  Hope they find the perpetrator soon. 
@Orchids68 hello, thank you for your message. Yes, the electrical cable of all lights were removed from the wall. (The copper inside is what thief need). The second time, 7 days later, they robbed a fridge and a table with 6 chairs. Again, the house is empty with the mess from the first robbery. The cops who came the first time said to wait for the owner (my parents) to fly from France to Mauritius. So no door were locked. Dumb judgment from the cops!!
3rd robbery, my parents aged 92 and 77 arrived and cleaned the whole place during the week and one weekend, the robbery came again and unscrewed all windows gate security. I emailed everyone in Mauritius and no answer (district councils, the Bambou police). Finally, I emailed the Mauritian Embassy in Washington DC and they reacted to my email. They immediately contacted the Ministry of Foreign affairs in Mauritius and about 10 people. I'm now visiting my parents in Mauritius and making waves to check up everyone ass. They all received the emails from Washington DC and now calling back. It appears to be drug addict who steal and resell. No one was caught but they suspect a gang in Bambous. Yes, we need camera to be safe but we need CCTV for under privileged neighborhood  like Bambous. Today, I found out that some of the gang steal people's house but they are also an indict (a spy) for the cops (regarding drug related). Conclusion, no one will be arrested. We need to protect ourself. Waiting to see if neighborhood witness will be applied there!!