Where do YOU eat?

Here's a chance for us folks on Expat-Blog to share with others our favorite places to eat. Could be anything from a streetside eatery selling local delicacies to 5 star dining in the heart of D1. If you happen to have the address, great - if not, don't worry. It'd be great if you include a tidbit of info on the place mentioning what you like best about them.

I work at my company M-Fri morning in Binh Duong and live in D1 from Fri-Mon morning. I eat out EVERY single meal while I'm down here so I'm always looking for new places - I eat out so often that I don't even have plates or cookware at my apartment!

I'll kick things off with just a couple of my favorites

Pho Hoa - Pasteur Street D3. I always get the Pho Tai and ask for extra fat - possibly my favorite pho in the city. It's always busy

Quan An Ngon - There's 2, one on Pasteur in D1 and the other on Nam Ky Khoi Nghia. People say there the same, but I disagree. I personally like the one on Nam Ky better. There's a broader selection of food and I think they do it up a little better there.

Theres a great little place off of Nguyen Thi Minh Khai in D1 that sells great Pho and Bo Kho with Banh Mi. I go there a lot of the mornings.

Also, I am a sucker for Com Suon Nuong (Grilled pork chop with Rice) and So Diep Nuong Mo Hanh (Grilled scallops in the shell with a little bit of fat and green onions). I am constantly wandering the streets of Saigon in search of those 2 delicacies..

Those are just a few.. Now your turn..

Been to most of the places you mentioned. But I have better recommendations.

If you are really into pho, two places come to mind. My personal fav is Pho Quynh (pham ngu lau juction towards the market). Their pho bo chin is simply devasting not to mention the soup is not full of msg like most stalls. U should also try pho88 along Nguyen Trai where most of the restaurants are located. Pho is their speciality but I had the deer meat steak man delicious.

Best com suon I've had is in district 7. Near Lottemart u can miss the place let your nose lead u there u can smell the barbeque a mile away. I think easily they serve 100kg of meat a day. The helpings are huge.

One place u gotta try is Cari An Do. As the name implies the place specializes in curry. Not the indian red curry but a unique blend of vietnamese muslim mutton curry eaten with banh mi. Located in D5 in a small street adjacent Windsor Plaza Hotel. Ask for directions once u get there everybody knows the restaurant there.

We seeem to love the same food. I love the street side oc too. The grilled scallops are my fav too. There's a oc restaurant next to where I'm staying in D7 that's where I get my oc fix.

If you like chinese soups try the double boiled pig's tail soup in Singapore Hainanese Chicken Rice Restaurant in D1 located behind former Gossip Disco & Nguyen Kim Store. Don'r exactly know the street name but it's opposite NewYork cafe. Quite east to find as it is a short walk from bui vien.

Happy eating bro

I can talk abt food all days lol.. its my fav topic haha

Totally agree with Hue1964 that there have a place near Windsor Plaza where have a very good curry ;)

Black Cat in Phan Van Dat, D1. i think its one of the best burgers in saigon. the burgers are home made and cooked in an authentic american way.. all are very tastyyyyy

Vietnamese beefsteak in Hoa Diem Son restaurant is also nice ;) This place is in Nguyen Trai street.. quite near the Galaxy cinema

I also love Ốc.. Sò điệp nướng mỡ hành is yummyyyy.. my fav place for ốc is "Ốc Đào".. its in Nguyen Trai street, D1.. its also near Galaxy Cinema.. and in the alley, i forgot the address but just ask ppl there.. everyone knows it.. very famous place for Ốc in Saigon ;)

And about Phở. i like the special Phở named "Phở Chua" - its from Lạng Sơn (a provine of Vietnam). Phở Chua is not taste like the normal one.. quite different with the tamarind sauce with noddle, chicken, peanuts.. and cracklings and some kind of vegetable if u want ;) This place is also in an alley in 242 Nguyen Thien Thuan street.. just open from 3pm to 7pm :(

For the dessert, i like M.O.F japanese cafe with awesome green tea ice cream and cake :p

*cheer bro*

Great recommendations guys. I will have to try those places out. I also love those oc eateries. So many of them, and best of all they stay open till like 4 am. I love to get oc len xao nuoc dua and tom nuong.. or any type of ghe or cua

I suggest some places to you and hope it will suit your taste ;)
Bò Mềm Restaurant: 67 Đinh Công Tráng Street in District 1. Many dishes about Beef. (especially Beefstake)
French baked chicken Restaurant : 354-356 Võ Văn Tần Street, Ward 5 District 3.
There are many destinations to come but I cannot remember all now. :P Have a great time everybody
Best wishes

I'm salivating now!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Im getting an air ticket real soon!!:D:D