Cost of living in Saudi Arabia in 2022

Hi everyone,

Two years after the start of the pandemic, it is time to take stock of the evolution of the cost of living in Saudi Arabia or more specifically, in the region where you live. The idea is to help people get ready for their expatriation to Saudi Arabia to plan their day-to-day budget for some key expenses.

If you are a tenant, what is your monthly rent? Please give details of the type of property you are in.

How much are your monthly charges (water, electricity, common area maintenance charges, etc.) and additional expenses (mobile phone and/or internet box subscriptions)?

How much do you spend on commuting (by public transport or using your car) each month?

How much does your grocery shopping cost in Saudi Arabia?

How much do you spend on health care (health insurance, consultations, etc.)?

How much are your children's school fees, depending on the type of school they attend?

What about your budget for leisure activities?

Do not hesitate to indicate other everyday costs if they could be useful to others.

Thank you for your contribution :)

Cheryl
Expat.com team

@Cheryl 

Overall expenses  increase by  50 %  by  two years  it  will  go  up to 100%  within  one  year.  

My family  housing,  increased  from  11 K  sar to  17K  sar  per  annum by this  year  in Jeddah.

Water  and  electricity  didn't  affected   and  it  is  still only 250 SAR per month.  Maintenance charges   increased and  it is not a  clear  approximation... mobile phone and/or internet box subscriptions  increased 150%  than  previous years.

Fuel cost and   car  maintenance altogether increased  20%. 
How much does your grocery shopping cost in Saudi Arabia?
Health  area  expenses  still  under  control.

Insurance  cost increased .... School  fees  are under  control  still  1000  SAR  per month  for two kids.

My  leisure  activities  expenses  are   steady.  expected  to increase coming  years.

overall  35  increase  in cost of  living.

@Cheryl, Overall expenses  increase by  50 %  by  two years  it  will  go  up to 100%  within  one  year. 
My family  housing,  ...

@Cheryl 

Hi Cheryl! I had moved from Saudi Arabia to the United Arab Emirates in 2015. But what I know is the cost of living in Saudi Arabia has increased tremendously.

Regards,

Moe