PR Approval Chance 2022

Hello everyone, looking for some inputs to assess feasibility of getting a PR approval

Family: Single
Citizenship: Malaysian
Race: Chinese
Religion: Free Thinker
Education: Bachelor Degree (First Class Honors)
Current Job: Data Analyst
Annual Salary: $48-54k SGD (including bonuses)

Just started working in Singapore and want to apply for PR after working for 6 months.

You seem to tick all the boxes, except having shown that you will stay in Singapore for the long-term. Wait until you are here a few years (or apply again then when this first application is rejected).

ksheng99 wrote:

Hello everyone, looking for some inputs to assess feasibility of getting a PR approval

Family: Single
Citizenship: Malaysian
Race: Chinese
Religion: Free Thinker
Education: Bachelor Degree (First Class Honors)
Current Job: Data Analyst
Annual Salary: $48-54k SGD (including bonuses)

Just started working in Singapore and want to apply for PR after working for 6 months.

As Beppi mentioned, your long term residency intention is a must, also there are a lot of other aspects you need to work towards- for instance, how are you inducting yourself in the community, your investments to safeguard your future and a lot more. Search the forum, you have a few threads.

Just staying in SG for 6 months doesn't warrant you a PR.

Good! Keep trying

I will encourage you try after 6m working here because of your race, nationality and education. I have a colleague, Malaysian Chinese Single girl applied after 6m+ working here and got her or when she was her 1y. Malaysian Chinese is your golden ticket for PR, however she is young single girl which is even more demanding.

@Shekhz My HR encouraged me to apply it ASAP , so I have applied PR on 21st April 2022 with Annex A and one month salary.
Profile:
- Nationality: Malaysian
- Race: Chinese
- Bachelor of Computer Science (Hons), graduated with first class honors
- Sector: finance and banking (locally owned company and established in 197x)
- Salary: 48k Without bonuses
- Started working on 14 March 2022 ( This is my first job)
- Family ties: Mum (12 years in Singapore) and sister (7 years in Singapore) are working in Singapore. None of them are PRs or SCs.
Any chance to get the approval?
In my honest opinion, it is too early for a PR.
Wait at least 2-3 years, other than that you tick all the boxes as Malaysian Chinese are granted the vast majority of pr's.

@Shekhz yes, I think so too. I think it will be rejected directly. I will apply again after 2 years.

Ksheng: It used to be that re-applications after a first rejection had higher chances, because it shows that you are serious about it. But I haven't heard about this for a few years (neither that it still is so, nor that it isn't). I assume that a failed attempt at least does not have a negative impact for future ones.
@ksheng99

higher chance because you are from favoured race.

@beppi @Skekhz @Newbiey Hi, my PR application has been approved today. (it took 7 months).

I just got the result yesterday after waiting for 17 months and still can't figure out why my application was rejected. Me and my husband have been working in Singapore for almost 4 years at the time of submission. We are Thai with a doctoral degree in STEM and working in IT and research sectors. Our household income is around $20k a month. Should I submit appeal letter or just give up?

Asking for your thoughts on my approval chances. Applied in Jan 2022, result still pending. "Proceed to upload documents.." button went missing 2 weeks ago.

We moved to SG in Jan 2018.

H(me):   

38y, Indian on EP

Finance in Bank

Basic ~200k

Education from India (top colleges)

W:

35y, Indian on S Pass

IT consultant

Basic ~80k

Education from India

Daughter - 6y, kindergarten in pvt school. Born in India. Was 1y when we came to SG.

Son - 1.5y. Born in SG.

Applied twice earlier. Rejections came in <6mths. Change from last application: slightly higher salary + new family member (son).

@beppi @Skekhz @Newbiey Hi, my PR application has been approved today. (it took 7 months).
-@ksheng99

Congratulations!

Timeline:

21/04/2022 - submitted PR application with one month salary

24/09/2022 - submitted past 6 months salary, 2 professional certificate, increment letter and Degree certificate (self-submission)

14/11/2022 - the submit button disappeared.

23/11/2022 - it showed approved in ICA website.

@ksheng99 Congratulations!! Question, did you submit a cover letter and some evidence on community integration? Even if there's no place for it in the portal? Thanks

@Maxi123 Hi, I did not submitted the documents that you mentioned.

@Guest8534 did you get it?