How to extend Aufenthaltstitel in BFD or FSJ

Hello everyone,

My girlfriend is here in Germany as an Au-Pair mädchen. Her Aufenthaltstitel expires in october 2022 and until then she needs to find either BFD or FSJ.

The thing is that we already have found several BFD canditates. Only problem is that they pay around 400 euro as Taschengeld without Accommodation.

So the question is: can she extend her Aufenthaltstitel without Accommodation? Will the Foreign Authority allow it?

What was your experience with FSJ or BFD and Aufenthaltstitel/Visa extension?
Thanks in Advance

She will need to stay somewhere, so the authorities asking for that accommodation should not be a problem, or should it?
But what your local Ausländeramt decides or want to see might differ from others, so better ask them!

These limited volunteer programs are not meant as jobs. Some such positions might include accommodation, others not. But of course one has to live somewhere. But if a place is not provided then one will have to pay out of pocket and the "pocket money" provided may not cover it. That's how voluntary  programs work.

The experience itself is suppose to be the reward. And it can be chance for a foreigner to work on their German which could be a stepping stone to later doing a training program or even studying at University.

I am posting a link below that gives information about such programs. It's in German only but here is a quote I have translated; "Während des FSJ erhalten die Freiwilligen, wie gesagt, kein Gehalt. Sie bekommen ein Taschengeld, in einigen Fällen auch Unterkunft und Verpflegung oder Geld dafür und eine beitragsfreie Versicherung in der gesetzlichen Kranken-, Renten-, Unfall-, Arbeitslosen- und Pflegeversicherung.
During the Free Social Year (FSJ) the volunteer, like mentioned, is not paid. They get some pocket-money and in some programs room and board or money specifically for this purpose. They also get a free public insurance policy for health, retirement, injury, and unemployment."

https://www.bundes-freiwilligendienst.d … ienst.html

Hallo .I have question. Can I change my fsj visa to an aupair visa ?.I did 6 months fsj then now I would like to do aupair .is that possible?

@nikhithanirappel02: The visa is tied to the purpose of stay. So you need a new one for your Aupair work.

Contact your local foreigner office (Ausländerbehörde) to ask whether it is possible and what the requirements are.

Hallo .I have question. Can I change my fsj visa to an aupair visa ?.I did 6 months fsj then now I would like to do aupair .is that possible?        -@nikhithanirappel02

A first step might be to look if one even qualifies for an au-pair position; must between the ages of 18 and 27. Must speak at least an advanced beginner's level of German. And such a thing is meant as an opportunity to experience the culture and further their learning of the Germany language. One gets a very limited amount of money and accomodation and food provided but it is not to be seen as a normal job or a pathway to immigration. I'm pretty sure there used to be a rule that one could not be married but this seems to have been dropped. Below is a link to detailed document from the Germany Government employment office about the rules for aupairs.

https://www.arbeitsagentur.de/datei/au- … 030535.pdf