Registration at City Hall (VISA D)

Hi guys,

I will be arriving in Belgium in a few days and my visa D sticker explicitly mentions that I need to register with the city hall within 8 days of me arrival. Can someone guide me through the exact website and option I need to choose to make an appointment with the city hall for my residence permit as everything is in dutch or french?

Highly appreciate any help.

Thank you.

Hello,

it depends where you're going to settle.
If it's a "big" city, you'll need an appointment (phone call or through the website of the commune).
If it's a small one, you can just go without an appointment with all your documents + passport + id pictures.

You'll have to check for foreigners Service department (In French: "Service des étrangers" and in Dutch it should be something like: "Inschrijven als niet-Belg" / "Afschrijving naar het buitenland voor niet-Belgen")

@AlexFromBelgium  Hello Alex,

I am reopening this issue. As I have a similar scenario. I have a type D visa, and the immigration consultant is suggesting to get an accommodation first to register myself in the town hall. I wanted to know, Can I register by booking in hotel or an Airbnb? And then, I can come to Antwerp and find an accommodation?

Kindly help. I need some assistance in order to proceed further.

This can be an Airbnb if the owner of that airbnb approves. My close friend did it that way.

Also be sure that you are staying in that Airbnb for atleast few weeks/months because you will have a visit from the police for verification.

Only then your RP card is processed.

@bhargavmanivala email the commune and ask, you can't go wrong that way. I hear that Antwerp in particular is experiencing major delays so its best to just ask them

There is no problem in registring ur Airbnb in the beginnning telling them am still looking for accomodation.

That way the commune will give you annex 49 till you get a real life address and they send the police to this adress.

i experienced this last year in a commune of Antwerp and it went with no issues.

Thanks a lot.

Hi I am reopening this thread since I have difficulty to make an appointment.

I have to register within 8 days after our arrival in brussels this weekend so I want to book an appointment in advance.

I rent a house in schaerbeek and my friend said I have to make an appointment first to register our residency.

which one should I choose from below options?

https://rdv-afs.1030.be/qmaticwebbooking/#/?lang=nl_be

thank you for your help.