Facebook

If anyone can help my dilemna with facebook, I will treat that person to several beers. Facebook had been working for me fine for the last 6 months up until my problem over a month ago. I would also like to note that I do not need to use Hotspot or even change my DNS as I have access to a VPN for work from the USA. About a month and half ago I took a business trip to Hong Kong and after being able to access facebook the first night, it no longer worked the rest of the trip and up until this current moment. In the last month and a half I have tried everything; from downloading chrome, safari, mozilla, and upgrading all of those browsers. I've tried adding http and facebook.com to the list of allowed websites on my search engines, but to no avail. I've cleared all my history, cleared saved sites, and basically just started from scratch and nothing again. Again to reiterate; I knew something was wrong because I use a VPN to access facebook. Fast forward to 3 weeks later - I went back home to the USA for 2 weeks and could not access facebook, VPN or no VPN. I also have a pretty expensive anti-virus that has not found any traces of viruses on my computer. (I have also tried to see if there was any configurations in my anti virus as well that would hinder facebook from working)

I have pretty much tried everything and nothing will work! Hopefully someone can help
BTW facebook on my iphone and ipad still work, making it even more confusing. Is it possible that something happened when I was in HK and is not showing up on my anti virus?
I don't want to repeat myself again, but before anyone says, well FB is banned in Vietnam - I know that, but it doesn't matter when you use a VPN, as it shows up that I am using the internet from America. Also again, FB did not work for me when I went back home to America - any IT guys out there?

try right clicking on the IE icon, click on propertys and in the box marked setting click it, then click view files select all and hit delete, then after there go up on the top bar and under favorites is another button (looks like an arrow) click it and select Temp. Clear the ones you don't need out and restart, then see if that works. That is if your using IE6,7, or 8. If you have 8 there another way to do it but this might be the best.

mediafire.com/?g639h6eey8efhy5
Try to load this software for install.
I have used it for 6 months. You dont need to change DNS or other way.
Gluck

Thanks guys. Budman - I will try that later today when I'm done with work, althought I have IE 9.0 so hopefully it won't differ too much.

Hangvnu - I would prefer not to have to download anything because it would not eliminate my problem, it would just be a band aid. The underlying root of my problem is that facebook will no longer work for me, not even in America. And like I said, I have a VPN which acts as a 3rd party so I have no need to download those (which don't work because I already tried months ago haha)

No shouldn't make any dif with 9. Be advised though when you boot back up all your saved passwords into the various sites will be gone, and if google is your home page it will be changed to google vn,just change it back to the english version. You'll have to reload the passwords though. Hope it works.

You are definite right,JVo18. We are here also tried to avoid to load something.
But from the last year up to now, facebook has prevented by internet service suppliers, even in our office, so this is the only way we can use facebook when we want to upload some of pics.
It was very effective :)

Poor you! I have no idea about IT, Im using Ultrasurf software to connect Facebook! You also can google the way to solve this problems. Good luck to you! I hope it will be fine soon. Take care
Best Regards
Kelly

Set up Google DNS and go to https://www.facebook.com its done!
FYI: https is security that facebook started to use months ago.

cheers!