UK citizen wanting to live/work in Mauritius

Hi everyone

I hope you're well.

I am a UK citizen interested in working and living in Mauritius. I have no idea where to start and ideally would love to find a job and somewhere to live as I will be travelling alone. I know I would have to find a job and apply for a permit which I tried to research/apply before the pandemic but I was going around in circles. If any one can help me then this would be much appreciated.

Many thanks
Selina

Go to Discover at the top of this page and open the Mauritius Guide for information.

Hi Stumpy

Thanks for your message and for your help. I will have a look.

Many thanks
Selina

HI,selina,

i need to know, what kind of help you need,First of all what type of job you looking and your experience
or you want to open  a small buisness under GBL2 licence,as like a tour operator company to attract

a client from uk.I am a british citizen,working in mauritius under PR PERMIT. let me know your proposal.

Hi Anwar

I hope you are well.

I am looking for an office type role but I am open to any opportunities. I am currently working as front of house and my role includes building management.

I would love to have my own business over there so if you can advise or help in any way that would be great thanks. What you are doing at the moment sounds interesting and because you are a British Citizen you can probably advise me better. I have some friends who can help me find accommodation so it's just finding work and applying for the permit that would be needed.

Many thanks
Selina

Regarding a work permit, you can't apply for it, the compsny that you going to work for is the only one that can apply for work permit.

Mauritius is an absolutely amazing place to live. I moved to Mauritius from the US a year ago and am loving it. I also found my dream job in Mauritius in a company and culture that I absolutely love.

One thing to keep in mind is the cost of living in Mauritius is high compared to the low salaries Mauritian and Foreign workers earn working in companies here. If you have family in Mauritius or you come with money saved up, life becomes a lot more affordable. If you have a job overseas that you can do remotely while living in Mauritius, you can get apply for the awesome ne Premium Visa.

All the best for you move!

Hi

Thank you so much for your message. Hopefully I can find a job which will help me to get the permit.

Kind regards
Selina

Hi

Thank you for your message.

I'm so glad to hear about your journey and fulfilling your dream.

Yes I have looked in to all the information that you mentioned. The hard part is getting a job over there or working remotely for a UK employer.

Many thanks
Selina

Hello.  I recall another post / comment of yours a while back about your husband being in the carpentry line of work and not being able to set up a carpentry / self employed company here.  Please would you inbox me more details in this regard?  My husband is in the same line of business.  ( My daughter and I already live on the island).  Thank you

Hi Tash

Thank you for your message.

I think it may have been someone else as I'm not married.

I hope you are enjoying your stay over there.

All the best
Selina

Oh sorry, was a message for someone who had commented on your post. :)  I will try and send quetion to them.

No problem Tash

Thank you.
Selina