Foreign driver's license conversion to bahrain (non-GCC license)

Hello,

Anyone have tried converting their foreign driver's license to Bahrain driver's license?

I have seen in the website it's possible, but it didn't clearly mention anything regarding a test, only driving lessons.

Anyone can share their experience and procedures they followed?

Thank you.

Depends on which license.  Some can be converted without any test or classes e.g. UK, USA etc., whereas others will require both.

Hi. Has anyone tried to self sponsor their families to Bahrain this year ever since the update to minimum salary?

Please note that if your salary is less than 400 BHD mentioned in the gosi they will reject the application even if you are able to submit it.

Thanks Neemish. My question was on whether people have been successful in sponsoring their families and the process involved.

Please note that if the employee salary is above 400 BHD registered in the GOSI. They can apply straight away through their employer without any formalities. If the dependent is national of any red list country you need to provide proof that the dependent is not in the red list for the last 14 days. Or else the visa will be rejected,

And to answer your other question, yes, I know of people who have sponsored their families within this year.  Their salaries were above the 400 BD mark and they were non red list country nationals.  But what is your actual question?  This salary range has been in place for a while ie years, and is not new..... Is it about red list countries rather than salary?

Hi. I wanted to know if people were able to get their families because the company I work for has been non committal about this process. Because what I was told was that it will be my employer who will have to apply on my behalf.
Plus do you know if married expat women can bring their husbands under this scheme to Bahrain?

The problem seems to be your company and yes they will apply through their EMS system. I always found Bahrain dependent visas to be a bit weird coming from uae, where you can apply yourself. But then again, Bahrain dependent visas don't have a medical requirement but the UAE ones do.

As I said, I have seen lots of people come through on dependent visas.  Only red list countries are an issue. If you are from India, Pakistan etc., and your dependents are there, then this could explain your company's behavior.... As they can't issue for red list countries right now.