Schools re opening

Is it true that all schools and universities will re open in September, has anyone heard if tourists will be allowed back in November or December in time for Xmas.

Various government ministries are having meetings now to work out a plan to restart tourism - like vaccination permits, shortened quarantine etc. No word about schools that I have heard.

Thanks for your reply, the part about the government actively seeking answers and conditions for the return of tourists maybe after 20 months I might get to see my wife, i am given to understand from my mate that yes, schools will reopen for all ages in September, the government have or will start vaccinating 12 year olds in an effort to get them back to school, so let's look on the positive side that things will happen , Ah Kun.

You have heard wrong again re schools reopening.

Only secondary, middle and high schools will reopen, primary schools, kindergarten will remain closed.

Tourism is not on the table yet, all requirements remain the same, I think this year will not see any change, but maybe early next year.

Cheers

Joe

Thanks joe for your update, a girl I am putting through the royal university returned for classes at the start of the month, abet only a few hours per day, my adopted daughter in prey veng has gone back the local high school and a six year old is attending the local school three days a week, but only for two hours, every Wednesday there is a girl who gives up to date reports in what is happening in Cambodia is under the impression that the government is striving to open up for the boat race in November and Angkor wat in siem reap, I believe 8 million people have been vaccinated out of 10 million( better than Australia), I am a supreme optimist and hope to be back there come November, thank you.

You confirm my statement that secondary and higher schools open up.

I don't know about the 6 years old, clearly has been stated that students have to be fully vaccinated in order to attend school and as kids under the age of 12 have not been vaccinated their schools are still closed.

Government wants to start vaccination of kids 6-12 from tomorrow.

No way will Cambodia open up for tourists because of the water festival, other than sticking to the present regulations, I e. 2 weeks quarantine for all arriving foreign travelers, recent covid test, Forte insurance covering covid and a $2000 deposit on arrival to cover the costs of quarantine and tests.

If things change I will be the first to mention it here on Expat com.

Cheers

Joe

Thanks joe, I will be looking forward to your future updates, Ah Kun.