Moving to Oman - waiting for work permit

Hi Everyone,

It's my 1st time on the forum and got this worrying issue. I've been offered a job as an academic in a university in Muscat 2 months ago. HR informed me that they got the Ministry approval but waiting for the work permit (visa) to come through in which has been put on hold due to the pandemic. HR been communicating with me (very nice and polite person). However, I don't know what to do or for how long shall I wait?

Any news from expats living in Oman regarding the visa rules, work permit etc. Any hope for any time sooner that all these services will resume?

I've been told by some Omani friends that they are expecting some new updates regarding visa coming end of August - anyone to confirm this?

Cheers.

While I'm still waiting for my formal offer, the HR told me that the visa office will not be open for at least another month due to current delta variants. The omani govt will wait until they have achieve certain level of vaccination progress.

Hello,

It's in the media that Oman is considering opening of Visa & lifting of travel ban by the end of this month , so many are waiting, lets hope.

Regards,

Cheers lads - if there are more members with info related to this matter, please share it.