Airbnb Bank Deposits

Hello Group, Have a question concerning Airbnb. I am currently hosting properties I own here in the Dominican Republic. I am currently living in the USA but recently retired and plan to spend most of the year here in DR. My question is that I am currently having my payments directly deposited to my US bank. Going forward, if I plan on staying in DR for several months each year I would love to have the payments deposited to my bank in DR. I've asked Airbnb support and I was given several different answers, mostly telling me it can't be done...I would need to have it wired with 3rd party transfer ie western union. Could any owners of Airbnb tell me if direct deposits are doable and how one goes about creating it. Much appreciation for any guidance.

You can open a bank account in DR than wire the money yourself  your bank in the USA might charge you a small fee. But you will have control of your money .

Hope that works

Rich

That is what I am doing now but I would rather have it deposited directly to my bank here since I do have an account in DR. It would save me the problem of wiring from the USA and fees.

Probably you have to set up your Airbnb account as if you are living in the DR and use DR credentials and then be subject to DR tax laws.

It's like paypal.  If you have an American account you can't send money to your DR Bank account.

It's about money laundering...

Solomente, where are your properties? Do you rent them out to people directly or only ABNB?

Since we know that locals can have the money sent to their dr bank, gringos can too.

If you're living in the USA and have USA credentials, you can't have the money deposited elsewhere.  Yes it is about money laundering.
And we're not about that in this forum.
Have your earnings deposited in your USA bank, withdraw what you need, and take it to the DR following all laws when you go there.

Or do an international bank transfer.  Ask your US bank how to do it.  On average it costs $50US plus any bank commissions, and if above a certain amount, it is recorded.  Doable, yes, a PITA, for sure. 

Or... open a new Airbnb account once you have Dominican credentials.

Can't have it all....

Conifer, a lot of people dont know this, but many gringos have local bank accounts. And, like that guy, many also have local wives who have bank accounts that money can be sent to(presuming you can trust her).

jwj938924, I think you are missing the point.  It's not about whether you have a Dominican bank account or not, it's about your account with  Airbnb.  If you opened it as an American then you cannot have your money sent to a bank account in another country.  If you want the money from Airbnb to go to your Dominican bank account then your Airbnb account must be set up with your (or your spouses) Dominican credentials.  If you are not a Dominican resident or Dominican citizen  then you don't have Dominican credentials.

No, my point was that if he cant do it in his name, then he should delete his account , and start again in her name.

I personally link the rental PayPal account to Banco Popular. It's the only Dominican Bank with which you can retrieve funds directly from PayPal to your USD account in Banco Popular. They do charge a $15 USD fee, no matter the amount.

Titus, just be clear for other readers, that's a US PayPal account, correct?

Any PayPal (personal or commercial) account can be linked to a Banco Popular account.

Titus;  having spent months trying to connect a foreign bank account to paypal, unsuccessfully, please share how you went about doing it for the benefit of those of us that have been unable to. 

I can't even get my US account added to my Canadian paypal account and the US account is with my Canadian bank also.  Never mind my Banco popular account...

Banco popular is the only bank able to connect in both directions with PayPal.  I had this set up without issue.  Then banco popular upgraded their platform. I lost the connection and 5 months later we still cannot get reconnected. Banco popular sucks quite frankly and are the only option with PayPal in both directions.

That is interesting Planner.  I am assuming in your case its a Canadian paypal account?

Nope. It was opened after I moved here!

In that case you opened a Dominican paypal account and we're able to connect your Dominican account.  Absolutely normal.  But this is not the discussion.  I have both a Dominican pp account and a Canadian one.  No problem connecting banco popular to the Dominican pp account.  Impossible to connect banco popular to the Canadian pp account.  It will be the same problem connecting banco popular to an American pp account...impossible.

I cannot connect to my Paypal via banco popular any more. 

Fyi I know others who have connected their American PayPal to banco popular.  No idea about a Canadian one

My answer:  Transfer Airbnb payments into a Schwab checking account (or any other US bank with checks).   Deposit US dollar checks from Schwab into any DR bank of choice.