Networking, or what we used to call meeting people.

Here checking out condo in New Juan Dolio that I m buying. Offer accepted  closing on 15 Aug.  Am gonna be spending lots of time here. I m here till 24th and asking if anyone would like to get together for coffee or cerveza. It will likely be of much more benefit to me than you because I have many questions.  Thanks in advance and anytime you wish is fine also any public place is great.

Congratulations.  That is awesome. I was looking at properties in Juan dolió also

Hola
let me know how or goes and how the area is?
my dominicam wife and I are moving there in Jan god permitting, we are familiar with the island since she grew in santo domingo but like you said it woums be nice to make expat friends and keep our culture and festivities active lol bbq etc

Congratulations.  Sorry wont be in Juan Dolio  this week! IF you have to come to SD let me know.

Thanks for Reply! Juan Dolio suites me just Fine.  Nice place and quiet during weekdays but very active in weekends. Gives me a nice balance.  Just in case you see wikipedia on Juan Dolio. It says population around 2500. They must have counted just every tenth person cause it's off by an order of magnitude. I'd say more like 25 to 35k is more like it. Keep looking and I am sure you will find a happy place for your and yours.

I look forward to meeting g you both so.etime. it is a nice town. .y only surprise so far is that restaurants price are about equal to finer dining establishments back home. I wasn't expecting that but I guess you get what you pay for.  I can eat out every night but I am old school and just can't see myself doing it all the time at those prices. Maybe 3 or 4 times and rest at home. Will see how how ambitious and skilled a cook I really am. I hope everything finds the two of you well now and in the futur.

Congratulations on your new purchase, my wife and l are hopefully going to spend Jan.feb. Mar.
In Juan Dolio to escape our Canadian winter,we have already reserved an Airbnb condo.Fingers
crossed COVID doesn't interfere with our plans, please let us know how you like Juan Dolio we
have visited D.R. before but not this area ,so any information would be appreciated,TIA and
Enjoy your new adventure. Terry and Diane….

I have a question for the forum. Technology and I are not the best of friends. How would I reply to a fellow member privately rather then  post on the discussion pages. I don't seem to be able to locate an email for them. Is there a way to do this. Thanks in advance.

A quick update on my status for anyone who might be interested. I presume anyone in their right mind would be interested....since I am so important haha.

Closed on condo it's a 2 bedroom in Juan Dolio it's in a complex called near Guayacane called Los Olas. I am here now till middle of March. People are nice, I am trying, emphasis on trying to learn a little Spanish. Restaurants are good but kinda expensive. I am making a few new friends and would like to meet more!

Congratulations on your purchase!

To send a message, click on the member's name to bring up their profile. At the top of the page, under their name, you'll see two buttons - one to add them to your contacts (not necessary to message) and one to send them a message.

Congratulations on the purchase. Yes restaurants in Juan Dolio will be a bit more pricey as it's primarily a tourist area.

Thanks for helping.