American Legion

Could anyone direct me to the American Legion in Puerto Plata? I would like a physical address, phone number and/or contact.  Thanks a million

Well me to the forums!  I have not heard of one in Puerto Plata.  I could be wrong so let's see if anyone else knows.

I am a veteran as well ASAF.           DR RECOGNIZES THIS? I had no idea. Someone in forum wrote earlier about it but was incredulous. Any benefits to it?

I have not heard of such either - would be nice - that or a VFW - :>)

again I have never heard of the American Legion here in the DR.

A quick google search found this  page on Facebook called American Legion Expeditionary.  https://web.facebook.com/AmericanLegion … 1&_rdr

and this:

NATIONAL EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
OF
THE AMERICAN LEGION
October 14-15, 2020
Virtual
Resolution No. 15: Authorize Issuance Of Temporary Charters To Foreign Posts (Puerto
Rico, France and Hawaii)
Origin: Membership & Post Activities Committee
Submitted by: Internal Affairs Commission
WHEREAS, Application for the issuance of temporary charters to posts outside of the
continental United States are received and were properly endorsed by officers of the departments
which will accept responsibility for supervision, and all are in conformity with Resolution No.
42, adopted by the National Executive Committee at its meeting of April 29-30, May 1, 1959;
now, therefore, be it
RESOLVED, By the National Executive Committee of The American Legion in regular
meeting assembled virtually on October 14-15, 2020, That the national adjutant is
authorized to issue a temporary charter to the following posts to be affiliated with the
named departments:
1. Expeditionary Post DR01, located in Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic and
affiliated with the Department of Puerto Rico.
2. Sgt. Thomas Oliver Ahlberg Memorial Post TH02, located in Pattaya, Thailand
and affiliated with the Department of France.
3. Returning Warriors Post 0022, located in Majuro, RMI (Marshall Islands) and
affiliated with the Department of Hawaii.

If you get any replies will you please let me know I'm interested in it now too I've saw the post earlier but I could not find any information about it in Puerto Plata

This link worked perfectly!! Thanks a million

From what I found & read on Planners link, there is no address and does not appear to be what we envision as a Legion - ie: building, meeting room, bar etc.  If anyone finds and address & firm location along more info please post.....

We don't have those here for sure. But why don't you ask the people in the Facebook group?  They would know what if anything is available.

I did several days ago after you first posted the link - no response yet. Just asking again here if anyone in the area tried to physically verify  - cheers!
BTW - just waiting to hear from Lily on date to come to SD in Aug for renewals - plan on staying in Colonial area perhaps a couple of nights with wife.....would be awesome to meet for dinner or drinks....

Absolutely. Would love to!

@tankhilldrill

We had to shut down our post due to Covid.

We are working on raising funds to open up again.

We do still work with veterans in the DR to assist as best as we can with a lot of the unique situations faced by veterans in the DR.

Thanks for your reply. Once I get finished working and have our house built in Moca, I will purchasing my own vehicle and will check to see how the re-opening has gone. Regretably, I have to work through one more winter and spring here in Alberta Canada. As a Canadian Legion member & a Life VFW member, I would certainly like to see the Post reopen and visit. It would be an excellent reason for staying in the area for a couple of days and/or driving in for functions, plus meeting other Veterans.  About the only place I know how to get to in PP is the Canadian Consulate - which as you know is (or was) next door to the US Consulate.....cheers

we would love to get together as well, we live in santo domingo as well.

happy labor day to everyone

god bless

@Linxx121 - This is a very old post and I know we chatted a couple of times but I got fed up looking for thread. So I'm asking about location and how things are. On 10 May  I have an old friend and his wife arriving at Amber Cove for the day. He's  thinking a Viet Nam vet and now an ordained Chaplin. We are both VFW members  and I am a Canadian Legion member. If open, I thought the Post might be a place to stop by for a short visit. Also, as my wife and I are driving over from Moca, I was wondering if there was decent priced and clean hotel someone may suggest that was near to or on the way to the cruise pier at Amber Cove.....Thanks