Learn Portuguese

Hello I'm Steve
I'm living in Portugal
For 8 months of the year I would like to learn
some Portuguese I am 59 now so it's difficult to study but it would be nice to speak a little
I live near Olhão

Hi railwaycuttings,

I would advise you to post an ad in the language classes in Portugal section, it might help you.

Thanks,

Priscilla
Expat.com Team  :cheers:

I am moving to Portugal next year, I am very excited to start a new chapter of my life. And since I do not speak a word of Portuguese (I cannot order a beer  or a glass of wine in Portuguese, how sad is that!), I have decided to start learning the basics online. I take lessons on DUOLINGO every day, plus also on  BUSUU (Premium, very affordable). I hope that gives me some basic knowledge that when I get to Portugal, I can at least communicate somewhat. And start taking one on one lessons when I am there!

Hi Railway cuttings.
You can use the iTalki app or Preply app to learn European Portuguese at conversational level. It would cost about £6 per hour for a private session with a native Portuguese speaker or £1 per hour for Brazilian Portuguese.

There is also a Facebook group and online classes. I've taken a few of the free ones. Very knowledgeable and entertaining at the same time.