Filling federal income tax return

Dear Friends:

Please advise who can help me file 2020 federal income tax return.   

Thanks, Rod

Federal tax return for Ecuador?  USA?  Estonia?

cccmedia

rodrigoleivacastellanos wrote:

2020 federal income tax return

Assuming you are talking about the USA Federal income tax:  The US Federal income tax return for 2020 was due by May 17, 2021 according to what I see on the web and here on this IRS site:

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/tax-day-fo … t-deadline

But here, for expats filing from abroad, it says the deadline was June 15, 2021:

https://www.taxesforexpats.com/country_ … uador.html

That page is a company that prepares taxes for expats.  You may want to contact them and see if they can help.

I have no connection financial or otherwise with them. 

You can also do an internet search for
file us tax return from ecuador
...and see other useful links including other companies that might be able to help.

My longtime tax preparers -- Tax Samaritan of metro Las Vegas, NV -- specialize in USA Expat tax preparation for USA filings.

This year, with the Expat/June deadline at hand and me just back from extended time outside Ecuador, Tax Samaritan managed to get me in under the wire for an Expat tax-filing extension .. until October.

Given the Ecuador postal service's disarray -- and by disarray I mean it's totally non-functional -- I didn't receive my year-end income statements for 2020.  It's not that I didn't receive them on time;  I mean I didn't receive them at all.  I had to contact the issuers and request them to send/re-send the forms.  For the SSA form, I had to contact a Caribbean-based U.S. Embassy as Benefits Unit/Quito was no longer providing backup services.

I just completed the tax-filing preparation, subject to Tax Samaritan potentially asking for clarification(s)/additional form(s)/supplementary information.  I forwarded the year-end forms to my accountant as attachments via email.

Before filing, I contacted the elections registrar for the state of Nevada (USA) where I voted in the 2020 presidential election;  the object was to eliminate the association with any individual state .. and thus continue to file only a federal tax return, no state return.

cccmedia in Quito

resource... www.taxsamaritan.com

I do not receive financial or other compensation by mentioning this accounting firm.

Thanks much. I will contact one of those tax return sites.
Saludos,
Rod