Is British Consulate closed for public in Rabat?

Hi all,

I hope you are doing very well is this difficult time.

Just wondering If I am able to get the paper required for marriage in Morocco from the British Consulate.

I tried to book an appointment online but seems there is no any.

I sent an email but no response and when I called the embassy they said the consulate may be closed during the pandemic and could not speak to any.

Frankly, I cannot book the flight to Rabat before securing that appointment.

Any help?

Hi. The embassy is open.

You could try the one in marrekech. However due to backlogs and pandemic they are only taking limited appointments per week I think it's twice a
Week and they only attend the Embassy when appointments are booked and confirmed.

You have to keep checking the appointment
System only and might get lucky depending on how busy they are.

I no a few people who have managed to get appointment this month and other have got their booked for a few months later.

Please keep trying as they do get cancelled appointments. Alternative book one for a later date and keep
Checking to see if any Earlier one come so you don't loose the other date. Once you find a early one then cancel the later one.

Check both marrekech  and Rabat.

Good morning

You need to ring them directly and get an appointment. The contact number you neeed is :  212 (0) 537 63 33 33 .

They will be able to tell you with consulate you need to contact and if they open during the holiday season.

I hope that this helps.

Have a good day

Thank you Vakil and Idouarab!

Finally in managed to get an appointment in Rabat, I booked it yesterday night and I received reservation email which states that the appointment is not yet confirmed.

Qny idea how long does it take for that appointment to be confirmed?

Thanks 😊

Hi They usually confirm vi email within a week or a few days before thé actual appointment.

You can also email them with the appointment to check but most likely will only response closer to the day.

Due to covid they only work and go into the embassy on confirmed appointments hence why they don't respond right away.

Hi
I'd be interested to see how this works out.
From experience, the British embassy in Rabat have been invisible throughout this past year, they neither answer the phone, nor do they respond to email or social media.
I know of a few brits who have tried I countless times to contact them with no success and ended up with a lot of frustration.
As British person in Morocco I'm embarrassed by this lack of interaction, more so when I have seen British embassies in other parts of the world support British nationals, Bahrain was a shining example where the British embassy provided guidance to a national during a passport application.
I sincerely hope you are able to get what you need from them.

I'm struggling with the same problem now. Paid online for the paper via government website and been looking for appointments for 3 months. Still no availability, I have booked my flight as I still needed to go and visit. But its really a shame as I thought I would be able to get an appointment. But no luck whatsoever. Also tried emailing them and getting my fiance to check with them on the phoneof you and no answer. Its really frustrating

Unfortunately so many are having this issue. As of yesterday the earliest appointments in both Rabat and Marrakech is October and they are filling up fast.

The only thing people can do is check back everyday in the case of a cancelation or more appointments added.

The embassy could definitely do more given the demand which had been like this for years but they don't.