Covid vaccines for my Hungarian resident parents in law

Hello,

I'd be very grateful if someone can tell me how the system for getting a Covid vaccine works in Hungary.

My parents in law, who are in their late 70s and early 80s, have lived in Hungary for about 15 years. They received the Sinovac vaccine and hoped to be able to get the EU digital COVID certificate to be able to travel to us in Germany/Switzerland, but there seems to be a problem with it and I suspect that it is because the Sinovac hasn't been approved by the European Medicines Agency.

I wanted to ask whether anyone has had a similar issue, and what did you do? Do you just rely on testing? I also wanted to ask - as I understand it, the Sinovac vaccine isn't as effective as Pfizer, Moderna, AZ etc - is it possible now in Hungary to get an EMA approved vaccine as a booster if you already had Sinovac or Sputnik?

Thanks very much for any help you can give us.

gaensekueken wrote:

Hello,

I'd be very grateful if someone can tell me how the system for getting a Covid vaccine works in Hungary.

My parents in law, who are in their late 70s and early 80s, have lived in Hungary for about 15 years. They received the Sinovac vaccine and hoped to be able to get the EU digital COVID certificate to be able to travel to us in Germany/Switzerland, but there seems to be a problem with it and I suspect that it is because the Sinovac hasn't been approved by the European Medicines Agency.

I wanted to ask whether anyone has had a similar issue, and what did you do? Do you just rely on testing? I also wanted to ask - as I understand it, the Sinovac vaccine isn't as effective as Pfizer, Moderna, AZ etc - is it possible now in Hungary to get an EMA approved vaccine as a booster if you already had Sinovac or Sputnik?

Thanks very much for any help you can give us.

You might be better off posting under COVID19 Expats in Hungary

There's a lot of useful experiences posted on there.

Thanks, I'll do that now.