Rental Needed

Anyone have a good source for rental home? I am not having much luck with clasificados as no one seems to respond. I?ve tried the Facebook groups as well. My husband is retired from USPS and I?m still working part time with my same job in Miami remotely thru internet. We need 2-3 beds and no stairs that will allow us to have our 2 indoor cats that moved with us. Am looking to move from Humacao area to either west or north side of island ASAP.

The reason you are not getting a response from anyone from Clasificados Online is simply because you are not an agent. If you told them that you were an agent and had a client that is interested in one of their listings they would respond quicker. Sometimes you have to lie a little to get what you want from Clasificados Online. 
     I will help you out by giving you a number to a young lady that works at 1st Bank in Puerto Rico. Her name is Enith and her phone number is 1(939)319-6411. Just notify her that William Torres gave you the information to contact her. I already spoke with her prior to posting the information so I have her permission. I hope everything turns out well and she helps you find a place.

Hi! We were having trouble contacting classificado ourselves so we worked with an awesome agent who got us into a fantastic place fast. Here?s her info:

Beatriz Rosario Real Estate

(787) 560-2300

I just gave her heads up that you might contact her. Hope this helps :)

Diana

Thank you. It?s been a trying few weeks as our retirement plans & living arrangements blew up in smoke.

Yikes that sounds so stressful. Good luck!

We?ve been coming a few times each year for years planning everything. There were always empty house with either ?For rent or sale? signs all over the island. This time real estate prices have just skyrocketed and there?s not much available. At least we?ve been here since August and have gotten somewhat accustomed to things. It?s just sad that we?ve spent what amounts to $60k or more repairing his families place and now we are out that money. I always knew it would bite us in the a** and it did. We also probably have already lost several acres of land in Aibonito due to family not updating the ownership on the title when his grandfather passed away years ago.

That sucks Mermaidmb that you lost several acres of land because the family was to lazy to update the paperwork. Yes the real estate market has blown up in Puerto Rico. That is due to the fact most people are running away from the policies of the new administration. Inflation in the U.S. seems to be getting worse and taxing the rich does not seem like it is going to workout like they envisioned. So everyone escaping the problems here are running to Puerto Rico.

A year ago, you couldn't give away top line places in Cabo Rojo. I'm grateful for your observation, though, as I guess I'm not the only one "running",  but running from what I view as a post-democracy downward spiral.  But no housing under $1000, no deal, I guess.  Too bad, I spent my 20s in Puerto Rico when Sagrado Corazon was a tiny, really tiny Catholic girls' school.

So, the well-heeled "runners" are swamping the place, you say. USVI was out of reach years ago. Am I out of luck?

D Martin

We've always seen house sit forever with for sale or rent signs and this time it's been complete opposite. Maybe with things coming to and end with all the extra $$$ unemployment & other extras people who have been working remotely will leave shortly. I moved here in August and there were 2 houses that sold in less than a month in the neighborhood. There's 2 more for sale at about $30 - $40 k over what they wanted for similar type houses in the past. There's also a lot of people who rent as Airbnb and make more $$$ that way. It's just been what we had planned to do for almost 15 years and now we are moved here having left lot of things to do so.