Chinese driving licence

hi, i.m interested to get the chinese driving licence here in shenzhen, does anyone have any suggestions about how to handle this, i already have 1 year long stay chinese visa and driving licence from my country, thanx!

Hi,

It's not the easiest thing, but do-able, and I manged to get my Chinese license last week.  Basically you need to go tot he Traffic Police Department of the Public Security Bureau, and submit take a medical test (basically a very simple eye test), and have your photograph taken for the application form, total cost (in Xiamen) RMB 35.  You can then go to the licensing application office, submit appication form, passport with residence permit, and temporary residence permit from your apartment landlord, which needs validation by yoru local police station.

Once that's accepted and processed, there is a further RMB 90 to pay and a written test to take, which can be arrnegd a few days later.  The written test is 100 multiple choice questions, selected from 1,500 possible questions, with a passmark of 90% required. The liecsing office will give you the 1,500 questions and answers on a memoryt stick, which you need to provide, and then it's just a case of reading thoiugh and memorising.  Although the english translation is a bit strange, alot of the questions are just common sense.

The test is taken by entering the answers on a computer in the test centre, and the rfesult is provided on completion of gte test.  This is part one of the four parts required for a Chinese driving license, but depending on your national licence, you can be exempted from the other three (practical) parts.

On successful completion of the written test, the Chinese driving license can be issued the following day.

If you're not fluent in Chinese, you will need to take a CHinese speaker with you, as nobody will be likely to speak any English at the Traffic Police Department.

Hope that helps, and good luck!

good information, thanx a lot, i will try these steps and share the result

if you need english question bank updated 2011 you can send me email on: honbb92(at)hotmail.com