Renewal of Spass during this period

Hi everyone,

Good day!

I felt worried nowadays as I just recently got my spass renewal rejection but my current company submitted a re-appeal for this and increase my salary declaration. As I heard from other foreign workers, that renewal of Spass right now is very hard as MOM is encouraging company to hire locals instead of foreign workers reason they are rejecting renewals.

I been working in the same company for 4 years, is it possible to get an approval once the company made changes when they submitted the re-appeal to MOM? Btw, before my company resubmit the appeal they check the SAT and after adjusting the salary it appears our company qualify for an S Pass (subject to quota availability) based on the information provided.

What is the quota right now for company to meet to be able to get approval of renewal of spass?

Thank you in advance for answering my queries. Have a great day ahead guys!

Hi, please refer to other threads in the forum- there are similar discussions RE quotas and the increased scrutiny.

To answer a part of your query, if per SAT you qualify for S-Pass (after salary has been revised), your company meets other requirements, a renewal should come through.

Thank you so much for your prompt response @shekhz appreciate it a lot. Have a great day ahead!

Hi RedAppleMay,
Would be helpful if you could share the reason for your S Paas Renewal rejection if any mentioned by MOM.

Hi Dephi,

I do not have the exact reason stated by MOM but as per information I got from my management it is regards with (qualification, experience, salary etc.)

They also input same salary declared last renewal way back 2019 on the day of my renewal. They told me it might be regards to salary matter reason it was rejected.

When they do the Self Assessment and changed the salary it appears company is qualify for an Spass (subject to quota availability).

I am not sure if the assessment result is reliable as my company assures that there is no issue in terms of quota availability.