Moving to Spain and looking for suggestions on location

Hola everyone,
My husband and I are relocating to Spain this year. Our initial target area has been Oliva/Ador for sometime.
However we have recently been looking at "lake" living and been introduced to Vinuela and Iznajar down by Malaga.
We would really welcome any suggestions of areas in the Valencia region or others for lake/river countryside living but still under the hour to the coast.
Very excited to be starting our adventure and thanks for your help.
Chrissie

A problem with recommendations is that most people only have experience from living in one place.  So it could be ‘this place is perfect' to ‘it's a dump.'

And also depending on people's likes and dislikes those comments coy is he about the same place!!!

Best to rent where you think is best so you do not get tied down to something which turns out to be wrong for you.

Hi there,
We were thinking the same, and we ended up in Bella Orcheta near el Rio Amadorio in Alicante (10 minutes drive from the beach) 
You can find the map here:
https://mapcarta.com/N2016777962

Last week, we flu there to view the property we are buying , everything looked really as we expected it..
10 minute from Villajoyosa (the beach) , 15 minutes from Benidorm, 25 minutes from Alicante, and around 40 minutes from Denia. the Airport is 30 minutes.

There are plenty of youtube videos that cover all these areas.
Let us know if you have any questions

Ahmed

flew, I meant to say