Temporary Residence Visa and taxes

When you get a temporary residence visa, do you file income tax returns in Mexico or do you live in Mexico but file tax returns in Canada (I am Canadian).  There is a tax treaty between Mexico and Canada. Thanks

it is best you check with the Immigrartion they can help with all this or SAT  office

What is the SAT office??? I know a few people who live in Mexico but file taxes in Canada - they seem to be "residents" of two countries and this is not correct. Trying to figure it out as I don't want to pry.

Generally speaking if you don't work in Mexico you don't pay taxes. If you have property or a business  in Mexico  that might change things . The US has an agreement with Mexico . There will be those who disagree strongly . But I take my direction from the officials on this one.
It seems that you are saying Canada also has an agreement with Mexico. So if you have a business, or property you should consult a lawyer.

If your business is registered in Mexico or of you work for a company that is registered in Mexico andnyou are working in Mexico from that office then yes you will pay taxes. You won't pay U.S. taxes since you are working and residing outside the U.S. HOWEVER, if say you are working remotely in Mexico and not from a registered company in Mexico then you won't pay Mexican taxes. Consequently if you establish residency in mexico or OUTSIDE the U.S. for 330 days in a calendar year, you will be exempt from U.S. taxes up to ~$120K per year. Any amount over that you are "required" to report 🤣🤣

If your business is registered in Mexico or of you work for a company that is registered in Mexico andnyou are working in Mexico from that office then yes you will pay taxes. You won't pay U.S. taxes since you are working and residing outside the U.S. HOWEVER, if say you are working remotely in Mexico and not from a registered company in Mexico then you won't pay Mexican taxes. Consequently if you establish residency in mexico or OUTSIDE the U.S. for 330 days in a calendar year, you will be exempt from U.S. taxes up to ~$120K per year. Any amount over that you are "required" to report 🤣🤣