Solicitor speciality in Land and title

I need an English speaking Solicitor, experienced in Real Estate and questions on title.

Is it a general matter? Or is it regarding real estate on a specific one of the nine separate inhabited islands here?

Also, are you sure you need a solicitor? For general questions you do not need a solicitor since, outside of a dispute, real estate is a very simple matter here. If you want a solicitor, you will pay at least €500 just t talk. Unless you have a legal dispute, you are much better off speaking with a real estate agent.

Contact me via private message to clarify the nature of the matter you need to deal with. There's no point in spending money unnecessarily.

Regards,

Angelo

obaille wrote:

I need an English speaking Solicitor, experienced in Real Estate and questions on title.

Angelo
Many thanks for your response.
Basically, I, alo g with about 100 other investors paid for Apartments that never materialised in Santa Maria, SAL, many years ago.
The investors have 6 million euro invested, and the bank with first charge are owed about 4 million.
The court ruled that the land can not be sold for less that 70% of its value,that was two years ago.
Now I have established that the Bank have sold their asset to another company, but, the Bank, the Lawyer, the investment broker won't even discuss with me (us) or confirm it was sold, they have told me not to bother them, and "this is very normal conduct of business in Cape Verde.
Even the Advogado that represented the majority of the proposed purchasers is in denial.
That's my (our) problem. The" sale", or "transfer" should be by now registered at Registrado office in SAL, that's where I need to start.

Kind regards

John Bailey
Galway
Ireland

Hi John,

Clearly, a lot more than €500 is at play. So it's a massive legal dispute. I'll contact you via private message.

Regards,

Angelo

obaille wrote:

Angelo
Many thanks for your response.
Basically, I, alo g with about 100 other investors paid for Apartments that never materialised in Santa Maria, SAL, many years ago.
The investors have 6 million euro invested, and the bank with first charge are owed about 4 million.
The court ruled that the land can not be sold for less that 70% of its value,that was two years ago.
Now I have established that the Bank have sold their asset to another company, but, the Bank, the Lawyer, the investment broker won't even discuss with me (us) or confirm it was sold, they have told me not to bother them, and "this is very normal conduct of business in Cape Verde.
Even the Advogado that represented the majority of the proposed purchasers is in denial.
That's my (our) problem. The" sale", or "transfer" should be by now registered at Registrado office in SAL, that's where I need to start.

Kind regards

John Bailey
Galway
Ireland