Safe village to live near Burgas?

Hello I would like to buy a house in  safe village with transport as i do not drive about 20 to maximum 35km from Burgas or sozopol with nice amenities, doctor, supermarket, coffee, would someone kindly, recommend a nice village with few expats Thank you so much.

Basically it is safe to live in Bulgaria. Any village will do in that respect, just avoid places with bigger gipsy communities. No other safety concerns are true.

As for a specific village, considering your requirements I would suggest Tchernomoretz, Ravadinovo, Ravda, but actually my favourite is a small town near by - Pomorie.

Of course this all depends on a combination of preferences and budget. So it is best to speak to a real estate agent and even visit the region for at least a week.

Hello thank you so much for your answer, you are right i know Bulgaria is safe, but my concern was
gypsies as you mention i lived near Veliko, then Plovdiv  now in Karlovo but i miss the sea so looking for something not too far from Black sea, do you know premium properties are they good? Or any other good agency thank you again. where are you in Bulgaria? have a lovely day. Francoise.

Hi,

If it is the sea that you want - then go for the sea. Also better buy sth that has a sea view, instead of sth 20 - 30 km. away, and then long for the sea again.

Gypsies are an interesting topic, but generally if they work and / or have a normal job, then it is o.k. These people are civilized and integrated. If else - stay away.

I live in Sofia so it is difficult to recommend a company operating at the other end of the country. But I can put you through my real estate agent, she might be able to help either by directing you to a reputable agency of by offering a property they have presently available. Though, I am not sure if she has anything at the seaside, but still worth checking.

Regards,

Kristiann

Hello kristian, I really appreciate your kindness a few km from the sea is fine as i love gardening just want to be able to go and spend the day by the sea once in awhile.. Thank you again your agent adress would be a great help. I love Bulgaria Bulgarian people are so warm and generous.. Have a lovely day. Francoise

I have never had a gypsy problem.   Quite the opposite, those that I have employed worked very hard to please.  This is not a blanket endorsement.   Those that I have hired have been vetted by the foreman who is a Bulgar.

Hello Francoise,

I've checked with my real estate agent, but she doesn't have any offers form the seaside area at the moment. Unfortunately I cannot recommend anybody else.

Regards,

Kristiann

Bryastovets the best village in Bulgaria lived here 12 years as expat 26 km to Burgas 26 km to Sunny Beach

Hi there.
I have joined on here to try and make friends in borgas.
My partner has a house near Karnabat and has had this house a few years. It's a 45 min drive from Borgas.
We plan on visiting soon and the ex pats that lived in the village that we knew have now left.
It would be good to make new friends.
Hope you are willing to reply and we can exchange messages.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Donna.

Happy to meet new friends.   There are many places near Burgas and all are safe, however I am not an expert.   We live in St. Vlas and travel to Burgas almost daily during the off season  It all depends what you are seeking.   We have been south of Burgas and there are many beah villages that are quite nice.    Rent fo awhile till you explore everything.

Hiya thank you for replying.
My partner and I are looking to make friends out near Borgas or close to the village where our house is.
To meet up when we are visiting the house and area.
In the village where we are there used to be many English couples who had bought houses but over the years many have gone and when we visit we find it hard knowing we are on our own.
We would like to make friends if you are willing.
We are planning to come out in May.
We have visited many of the coastal towns.
Do you live in a village. 
Hope to hear from you soon.
Donna.

hi
We are nor far away from Karnobat too . :)

@Francoise55 hi I'm looking at kosharishca I'm trying to find out what it's like there

Located on a hillside with good to decent roads minutes from Sunny Beach. Lots and a mix of older and newer construction available.   A good choice.   

@Johnavann sounds what we looking for is it a safe area would you say thanks

My experience is that Bg in generally a very safe communal place to live.  Yes there are petty crimes such as the "Jean Val Jean stealing a loaf of bread" as so many people are unemployed.  My experience is that assault and violations to safe living are rare however financial and deception fraud issues are rampant. In the US- ( i will not go deep but crime is rampant and it is mostly physicial assault and death due to drive by shoothing road rage, home invasion [Moderated content not linked to Bulgaria]

That is one of the reasons I left the USA.  In 1999 one of my workers (not in my office} but in the downtown office in Dallas was robbed of $47, shot in the head and burned in a ditch at 2000 PM when he left the office after working late. He was 28, with two children and a wife.  That happens daily along with mass shootings.  BG is a blessing compared to where I came from. [Moderated content not linked to Bulgaria]

There is little physicial crime, children play in parks till late at night and it is a community where you know your neighbors----unless you live in an area of expats whom bring their old habits with them.  Most of my neighbors are Bulgarians and we know each others names, childrens names, dogs and cats and help each other whenever needed.  That is the good side of Bulgarian that is hard to replicate any place else. So, go for it and be a good neighbor and you will make many friends.  It is also good to take language lessons or at least try to speak the language.

More Russian spoken in Kosharica

than English.

Very windy. Dead in winter.