Is every morrocan man scam online

Hi

I met this guy through a game (where you play in teams with random people, and communicate), and we played together a few times for a week, obviously talking a bit while playing before he asked for my social media. We started talking a lot, and I'm just very comfortable talking to him which doesn't happen much for me.
We're both about same age, in early 20s. I'm typical northeuropean looking. We started videocalls so I've seen he matches his pictures, he's very chill when we talk, talks to me in front of his mother. Asks questions, wants me to ask him questions. He's religious but doesn't seem extremely traditional, he lives only with his mother. I'm an atheist and told him so, which he pretended to be fine with but I could tell he wasn't completely.

However, he spoke about marriage. In the beginning asking what I think of marriage, which I don't have a problem with bc I think it's good to know early on what you can expect from each other when you start getting a bit romantic. But then obviously he got too much and said he wanted to marry me some day. I told him it was way too early to know, and that I needed to physically live with someone for years to know if I want to marry them. He told me he wanted the same, that he just said it because he thought that was what I wanted and that he wouldn't talk about it again which he hasn't (yet, a week later).

I was okay with it all till one of my friends taught be about how morrocan men often scam for europeans visas, so I read a bunch if people's experiences, and I definitely see some of the red flags. Telling me how he feels, that he's in love. All this stuff trying to make me feel special and that I'm all he wants. I'm just stupid naive, because I tell myself that I feel this way too, so why shouldn't it be possible for him to do as well.. but ofc I have learned there's only a small chance for that to be true.

I started telling him I'm finding him hard to believe, and he tried (ofc.) very much to convince me he is honest and to just give him a chance to prove it. He keeps asking why he would be lying to me, what he would get from that,  but I can't make myself tell him it's because everyone says morrocan men will do anything to get eu papers.. bc idk how would be the best way to make someone confess to this, if that's what they're doing.

But since we've talked about everything and we talked about each others countries, and he seemed happy with his, sends me pictures when he goes for walks etc.. doesn't seem like he needs anything.
We also talked about if it would be possible to meet, and I mentioned it would be difficult for him to come to my country, and he asked if it was possible for me to go there. I've told him I might not be able to (I don't feel safe at all travelling to meet someone I never met, for the first time, in Morocco). And he says that's okay we can just keep talking and see how things go, and find a way we can meet some day..
We've added each other on all social media by now as well.

Does this whole situation seem like a scam to you? I have very little knowledge of Morroco and the people who live there, and have honestly lost touch of my gut feeling from reading a bunch of different stories, good and bad.
And idk if it's worth carefully just seeing how things go, or if this is obviously scam to everyone else.

Thank you for your time.

I had commented on some post (similar to this) that wrong thing at wrong place, most unreliable place is Net where you never know who is at the end (to be honest even in real life we get cheated with the people we know), why to spoil you peace of mind there is a real life with several options with less risk. I will suggest simply BLOCK the guy , do not share any contact details and move on with your life, if you want to visit Morocco do at your own without letting anyone involved and have fun  :top:

Why he would care too much aboutyou sinve you are an atheist? Of course there is some other goals like citizenship.. Visa..

I see so many issues here with your post. Firstly, you westerners think everybody wants to go to your damn country (not so ). My wife is Moroccan and has no damn desire to go to America, period. Secondly, you are an atheist so  go find you another atheist to shack up with and quit trying to influence him to commit such heinous Haram act. The man is a devoted Muslim who lives with and cares for his mother.   Thirdly, if you fear your Creator cut this haram relationship off  or make it halal by getting your parents to communicate his mother and subsequently arrange a meeting in Morocco (then marriage of course). Moroccan men and women are good people and most just want a good partner. You westerners weird me out sometimes.

i suggest firstly you must read about islam and the foreign mariage in american law the morrocan culture, the city where he live read about here, then try to make your dessision

Hello Viferas, I am from Sweden, I am 25 years old and  , I met a man from Morocco he whas 26  at first we played a lot of Minecraft every day we talked 3 or 4 hours a day. He made me feel special every time we talked. He was very good at using words and saying nice things. After a week he was very in love with me, he told me that I was the love of his life. But we had never seen each other face to face only on Skype , there I started to get a little suspicious but I kept talking to him after 3 weeks of talking, he wanted to marry me and have children. He was very controlling if I did not answer right away, then he would get angry. Something told me that This was not going to end well, 4 weeks later he told me that his mother was ill and if I could send him money to buy medicine. Then I knew it was all a scam. I'm going to give you some advice, be very careful, they are not what they appear. Here in Sweden they are well known for doing these things. I hope this helps a little.

Carlaherna
Thank you, it was exactly some similar experience like yours I was looking for, all though I'm sorry yours turned out badly.

Lol I feel for Moroccan men. On the Morocco forum page, I see the following related topics:

Is every morrocan man scam online

Can I trust this Moroccan men i met online?

Is this young Moroccan man playing with me?

Met a Moroccan man can I trust him

Oh dear.  :D

I'm Moroccan, and i have no desire to move to any other western country.. no any foreign country, except Arab ones... I don't like to live among people whom some of them thinking that i beg them for money or well being life... don't like to live around bunch of  stupid racists, of course not all, but to live around my people with dignity is much better..

There is righteous Moroccan men who they can't even accept money from a girl.. We don't need your money, we don't need your Visa, we don't need your luxurious life... And if you people think that all Moroccan men are scammers, then we don't even need you here between us, just get your head back to your mother country...

You are welcome, the way you told it, is similar to what happened to me. I learned it the hard way, you don't need to learn it like that. The first thing is that they have a culture very different from ours. I no longer trust them. I hoppe You find out whats besth for you.

Send me msg through wtsp I'll give you some advices cause my friend has similar situation. I'll tell u her story. My number ***

Moderated by Cheryl 2 years ago
Reason : Kindly exchange your contact details by using the private messaging system.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

I feel disgusted about these poor comments. Most woman whom seeking “love” are not looking next to door but abroad. Why? Can't you find them in Sweden or else. Do you like controlling these men with your so called fake wealth.  Leave these men alone. I swear by god they have a better life in Morocco then Europe or America. Woman get some self esteem, true love is in you!

I recpect your feeling but it is not reality of Morocco, Accept the Israel and live Palestinian alone because of Money, Many Moroccian died every year to cross Maditarian Sea ( for what because of Money). Moroccan girls getting married with non muslims (one day muslim) because of Money, In Islam wishy (Khamar) Haram but because of Money so i have examples and you cannot stop but you can aware society about Haram and Halal. Yes dignity should be and i appreciate your feeling.

@dolle1980 - I am trying to understand what you are saying but i don't. Money is the reason behind many things. I came to live in Morocco because of money. Her is where i work and invest. The Moroccan guys who are trying to cross the sea are many uneducated and they make no progression in life and that is frustrating for them so they think they can seek refuge in Europe. Unfortunately they will see nothing but basic facilities like foster/shelter homes. No wealth worst then that, cheap ass society.
In Morocco they will be better of. Nobody is in hunger. Neighbors are like family and society helps one and other. About the woman searching for Moroccan love they can fall in to a victim but all this topics about “is it safe to date, or are they scamming me” please you are a grown up. Use your mind and grow up.

Hi All. Please everyone should keep the discussion friendly.

In regards to the topic. Yes it's very difficult to know the true intention of anyone. But this should not discourage people from getting to know about other and other cultures.

There are a lot of a mix marriages and mixed religions  marriages in Morocco and all over the world!

Most have good intentions and there are a few “black sheep” in the community that have other intention.

Never let anyone rush you or push you into something you don't want to do.
Morocco is a safe location and you get good and bad everywhere. However if your seeking romance the law in morocco is quite clear about relationship outside of Marriage and that's why a lot of people rush to get married also in Morocco.

My advise would be to just enjoy life, stay safe. Learn about each other and get to know each other cultures and time will reveal any intention people have.

Excellent words I like it.

Hey , welcome to expat forum .
about your siatuation i want to say first that eveey country have scam people and good people so in morocco its same not all men are scam , you told him you are atheist so if he is muslim as lot of moroccan , that's will be hard for you two to live together and if you tell him that and said its okey that will not be a problem so he run away from true so that give some doubt and about asking you for marriage so early that's the way lot of men moroccan do when want a girl so seriously without thinking of other thing like responsability and where to live and how to live both ... and some asking marriage for trust and then scam the girl .
you need to keep talk to him and ask questions about some important things like atheist and see his reactions and remember if he want scam you he will do some faults by time and if he is true love , you can be together and morocco is a safe place even you come to morocco to meet him you can both go to police station and write a paper signed with him that you come as a tourist and thia men will always with you as a  guarantee for your safety .

Moderated by Diksha 2 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum for security reasons.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Well, I wish I could be with a guy like you

impossible
he can't love you without meeting you talking together in real world , you can stop him and relax , i propose to you searching about islam and straying in your country

I have met several English ladies aged 40 to 65 who have regularly sent money to Moroccan men  to keep them happy. One lady said " its my first day here in agadir- come with me to meet my Moroccan muscular boy friend who works on the beach "  We got to the beach and learnt that he had disappeared "   Anyway she made a date with another beach muscular guy to have a " romantic night at his flat"
That night i saw the Moroccan man come on his motor bike with his muscles bulging and the English lady got on his bike.
Ladies from Europe seem obsessed with Moroccan men who have little money and little education. Many ladies are duped.
Please note Moroccan people are lovely and most are honest and courteous full of integrity and probity
A lady must always get advice from others because some men have hundreds of European girl friends.
I do think money talks with some but i agree with Rynvic on this forum and i salute him

Most moroccan s are good people i was married to a Moroccan man we are divorced now but remain really good friends 8 years later im with another Moroccan man now who already lives in Europe when I met him we re together 6 years and he's a good man and treats me with the utmost respect there is good and bad in all countries both men and women... if you don't feel right about this man stop contact or get to know him before judging him...

Maula, alhamdulilah rabeel alameen !

The most important here is religion.
If he's a Muslim and you're an atheist and he said that's okay. That's a RED Flag.
his religion forbids him from marrying a non believer and his culture and ideas wont suit your lifestyle.
So there is a high chance he's only talking to you to be able to immigrate.
And talking to marriage so soon is also a red flag.
I would just suggest to look elsewhere. or tell him you're not interested in marriage at all and see his reaction.
Good Luck.

argex wrote:

The most important here is religion.
If he's a Muslim and you're an atheist and he said that's okay. That's a RED Flag.
his religion forbids him from marrying a non believer and his culture and ideas wont suit your lifestyle.
So there is a high chance he's only talking to you to be able to immigrate.
And talking to marriage so soon is also a red flag.
I would just suggest to look elsewhere. or tell him you're not interested in marriage at all and see his reaction.
Good Luck.

Islam doesn't forbid mix marriages but encourages to marry in the same religion.

In Morocco men are allowed to marry into other religions. And there are plenty of mix marriages hence the process.

I think to say that it's a red flag is not true. In every culture and marrying into different cultures can be hard not just for women but also for men.

People should take the time to get to no someone and understand the culture and only move forward if they feel comfortable and confident with it.

We can't judge every single person without knowing them personally. Not everyone is the same as each other.

We cannot make a decision for someone or advise them to walk away when we don't no all the facts and never met either one of them.

We are all quick to judge everyone but never like when one judges us.

I would recommend the person to get to no the other learn more about them don't rush and if they feel they are right for each other then good luck.

Let's not talk negatively when we don't even no who the other person is. Either side both men and women could be he wrong type of person with wrong intention on they no the reality.

We can inky share our own experiences but we cannot say everyone is the same and religion should not be a factor. Everyone is free to believe what they want.

If a country require you to revert to Islam does not mean you can't convert or follow your own beliefs. That's down to your own beliefs and judgement. No one can dictate that for you. As long as your both happy with each other and both are open and care and love then we wish you the best of luck.

Always stay safe and follow what you belief not what other belief. Remember not everyone is the same and every other countries has it's good and bad parts and people not just Morocco.

This is the advise we should be sharing without judging especially when we don't no who each person is.

Thank you.

I feel disgusted by some of the comments thats blaming the victims instead of the real criminals. Online scams is a worldwide problem just as human trafficking, domestic violence and drug traficking. Its so eazy to blame the victims and switch the focus from the real problem. If we want to stop these crimes we need to start with putting the blame where it really belongs. Dont ever blame the victim! These women are not stupid individuells who is not using their brains they are victims of very skilled scammers. These types of crimes can happend to anyone even the government. I strongly recommend to get yourself educated in the topic instead of throughing stupid comments.

I want to Congratulate all these strong women who faught there way out of these kind of relations and picked themselves up again after all they been through and is now strong enough to share their stories with other women to bring awarness. But also to the admins of this page that is taking their responsibilty and encouraging everyone to report any person that is sending suspecious messages to any user of this site. Thank you!

Stay safe and be Careful online.

@rynvlc not all are scammers. I was in Morocco many times. just travelling and exploring country. I did meet guys but i was happilly single. I am eastern european.

Hello Popolushka,

Welcome to expat.com!

Thank you for sharing your experience with us!

Are you moving to Morocco soon?

Yoginee

Expat.com team

@Popolushka thanks for your honesty.. there is good and bad in anywhere in the world, myself I've got scammed from a Swedish girl living in Canada who I've meet here in expat website, and that wasn't expected lol...

Most people online abroad are scammers if your not legitimately taking it slow, asking deep questions, having real conversation.

So many people are " falling in love"

Its all attraction and appeal.

Not love!

As grown adults are we really needing to have these conversations

@rynvlc actually, here in morocco many people wouldn't care if you're an atheist.

And you said he wanted visa, you should know here in morocco, people They choose illegal immigration to Spain, so moroccans dont need visa.

So you're wrong and stop Trust those stories they most can be really really wrong and they most of time lies like johnny depp's storie

@rynvlc what if he really love her

Because people in morocco when they become like 20+ years specialy boys they start to think about love and marriage

@jahfrank your correct, as a moroccan i agree with you but there's some people who are really ***

@Carlaherna why we should really trust you?

Also all this stories i hear about moroccans seems really fake becoz they all have something to do with games

Like who the***date from mincraft or social media

I find this really stupid to actually trust it

@viferas hard to know, but from experience if they are still living in the country there is a high chance they are looking for a way out of the country. He might sincerely love you, but has the motivation to get out of the country. It's safer to date someone who has already moved out of the country and obtained a visa on their own.

@A chad from morocco bro, i didn't say he wanted Visa.. i think you mentioned me mistakenly, your replies to me (rynvlc) doesn't make sense to my previous comment somehow.

@jahfrank hi, thanks for your comment. I am Mexican American and I just broke up with my moroccan friend because in the back of my mind I always thought he was a scammer (and if he was he was the best!).

I wish I could met him in a different situation and gain his love  😔

@alerteclaudia why break up if it felt right?

@jahfrank Hi, thanks for your comment. I am Mexican American and just broke up with my moroccan friend because in the back of my mind I always thought he was a scammer. I feel so sorry I did not giving a chance to demonstrate whi he really was. I wish I could met him  a different situation. 😔

@Yasmin21 because I felt that was loosing interest so I confont him but I was a bit rough

so he got upset and stop talking to me.