Issues to change foreign drive license in ROmania. PLS HELP!

HI there. Im Brazilian living in Romania for five years.

I Could not have my driver document registered here in Romania since i was buying my place and would have the house in my name and new documentos, and after that I Could apply for transfer the drive license.

I give the entrance for my city document in the beggining of 2020. They told me that would be ready in 1 Month ( which my driver license was still valid) but because of the pandemic cause, everything went down, offices closed and my document never arrived. The expiration date was arund Jun 2020 and my residence document arrived in July.

Then i went to the police to transfer the document and got very dry answer "your doc is expire few weeks, you are not european, so we cant help you, you need to go back to Brazil, renew your drive license and then come back to Romania to change for a romenian one. Then he also said, or you can start the whole class process here in Romenia from 0 and get the license.

Is very hard for me since i driver over 18 years already and too see that i probably will have to do the school from zero is very frustating, going to all classes, doing all the driving clases and on the end have a lucky to find a corrupted Police man that will reprove you.

My question, do you think there is other way for me to get my Romania License without having to go back to Brasil? Since the sutiation there is still heavy bad with COVID, i really dont want and cannot go back now. Or if there is any kind of proccess for people that already drives and have just the license expired and have them doing a short course, fast exame, a bit easier than doing everytning from 0... I would probably ending up moving tro Brasil around Nov/Oct and reniew there my docs, since it will be enven cheaper to fix trom brasil everything, meet my family and got back allowed to drive again. Im without hope regarding this, my daughter just born, we depende on the car and is very hard to keep going like this... Im very frustade... Specially that i Joust found this information:

"Embassy News
A A
Important notice – Romanian driving licenses
Regulation (EU) 2020/698 of the European Parliament and of the Council of May 25, 2020, laying down specific and temporary measures in view of the COVID-19 outbreak concerning the renewal or extension of certain certificates, licenses and authorizations and the postponement of certain periodic checks and periodic training in certain areas of transport legislation was published in the Official Journal of the European Union.

Starting with June 4, 2020, in accordance with the provisions of Article 3 paragraph (1) of the European normative act which is directly applicable “(…)the validity of driving licences which, in accordance with those provisions, would otherwise have expired or would otherwise expire between 1 February 2020 and 31 August 2020 shall be deemed to be, or to have been, extended for a period of seven months from the date of expiry referred to in each such driving licence.”.

NB: To view the Regulation (EU) 2020/698 of the European Parliament and of the Council of May 25, 2020, on the EUR-Lex website, click HERE."

As far i could see here i should have been  alowed to get this applying to my license and finnaly i could be able to change...

But again, my License exoeried on july 2020 and is over 7 months aleady so i could go there and try to fix...

ANy sugestion or assistance please? Im quite very frustated without knowing what to do.

THank You so much everyone !!

Hi,

Same thing happened to an American friend of mine, 3-4 years ago. She emailed the issuing authority of her driving license and asked if they can send it by mail. They sent it to her mom's house, then her mom sent it to Bucharest by post.
Maybe you could check with the Brazilian authorities to see if they can also send it by mail to a family member/friend?