I'm finally coming!

By now many of you will have known the feeling of being a life long serial traveller globally locked down, not by strife or finance but by fate...

I planned to visit Tbilisi back in the 90's when I was living in Prague managing the first western style night club., Life got in the way as it does, and I spent 15 years on the road as touring and recording pro-drummer. No tour ever seemed to get close to that elusive place I had seen in magazine when I was 9. But I swore I would get there some day.

Off the road at 39 and living on the island of Maui, I still felt an unknown force pulling me to Tbilisi. I vowed that I would spend my 40th drinking wine and eating dumplings in the streets of this beautiful city. That same year I moved to San Francisco, and met a sexy chick from NJ and married her.

My new wife introduced me to a fun couple from Georgia who told me I was made for their country and wished me a safe trip and a happy birthday.  Again, my life changed the itinerary only months before my Bday with the news of a baby on the way...

10 years later, Im still in SF, my drum sticks are gathering dust, my daughter is taking over the world and my highly successful-lightspeed career in Commercial cannabis had me running for the airport, planning as much travel as I could with or without my family just to get away from US corporate culture and boring food alone. My sanity sanctity being the true reward.

Tibiisi was finally in reach...

Then the pandemic. ARGH

( Thats an entitled Argh for sure considering my privileged, male, white western ass didn't have to suffer much else. Like so many millions around the world. Whahhhh)

So, I turn 50 in 3 months and Im fully vaccinated (Pfizer), And I bought a refundable ticket to Tbilisi from SF arriving Sept.10th. -25th with a clear understanding that 2 weeks was never going to be enough time  for me. If I was able to travel there at all.

I have no lodging booked, no agenda and no expectations other than good people, good food and good wine.

For anyone that reads this to the end, I'm writing this not to ask for the best places to go or the best hotels to stay in, but for someone who lives in Tbilisi or knows someone that does, to read this post and say; "This guy just has to meet my friend______"  or even "I'd probably have a drink with him when he gets here"... You get the picture.

Ive lived everwhere from Gauatamala to Austraila and Eqast Germany to Korea.  Im a russian jew from Montana and I speak fluent German and  Spanish. Im a pretty damn good drummer (All styles), and I now know everything about the commercial cannabis industry. I love great food and good people and combining the two is my favorite. I stay up late, get up early and Im never, ever boring.

In closing...

WHO WANTS TO HAVE A DRINK WITH ME FOR MY 50th -FINALLY IN TBILISI- BDAY , Sept.12th 2021?!

Peace-

ELAN

Hi Elan, I am happy to meet such an interesting persona to drink some wine, and share some local stories. Feel free to PM on my end I am interested in commercial cannabis how it works and would be interested to listen your story. BR

Hi Elan. I will be visiting Tbilisi for a few days. Coming from Dubai. It would be nice to catch up if you're still there

Hey mate. Are you a local of Tbilisi?

I an American expat and I work in the Cannabis industry too! We need a drummer for our garage rock band here in Tbilisi. Do you have a Facebook?