Obtaining residence permit

I just want to point out to people planning to come and live in Georgia that the rules for obtaining a residence permit have become much stricter and everyone planning to come to Georgia should get proper legal advice before coming. Loads of foreign residents who where living and working in Georgia have been refused renewal of their residencies, even when having all the correct paperwork.
Whatever the reason behind it, all though most probably because of the Georgian aspiration to eventually join the EU, life has become much harder for foreigners over here. To get more information I recommend to check the following link
avageorgia.ge/index.php/georgia-residency-rules/

Again and again this fantasy of the European Union! It would be a mistake for Georgia to want to be part of it.

This includes the people of the EU who have invested in Georgia more then USD 300.000, even they got refused! Everybody receive Art. 18 incl. babies! It is very catastrophic. I was in the court twice and the judge recognized my case and I am told that I have right to receive my Residence Permit as investor but I don't got it untill now! 1 of my colleagues invested 1000.000 USD without results. This means whoever you are and from where ever you are the risk is high to get refused!