Title Deed Questions....

Hello RAK folks,
I recently purchased a flat and we did the transfer at the land department, got the title the next day... all seems fine..  Today I got a message from the previous owner's PRo saying he wants a copy of my title deed to 'close his file'.  I have had some issues with this PRO but figured the deal is done and my money was handed over... I got the deed... we are all done... goodbye!    I've bought a number of properties in my 40 years here and have never had a previous owner (or their staff) ask for my new title deed.... but this is my first property in RAK....   is there some different protocol in RAK ?

This is not a process required by the land department.  This kind of a request usually comes if you are purchasing a property from a company; they want to keep evidence of sale for their records and audit trail.  I have had it happen to me as well once or twice.  It is entirely up to you if you want to share it but you are under no legal obligation to do so.  Once I gave it as the guy was nice and the other time, I told the guy to get lost as he was trying to be intimidating.