EU Schengen zone visa question.

Suppose one is a UK/US dual national. No Schengen visa is required for a UK national, per the 90/180 rule.

Is it possible, as a US national, to obtain a Schengen area member visa in addition to the 90/180 allotment?

Thanks for any help.

According to this: https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/b … penalties/

...there is no special exception to GB nationals!!

The US related portion of the question was never relevant....

Why would there be an exception anyway??? Choosing to leave has consequences, most of them adverse for GB residents traveling to the EU and no longer having rights to residency.  Commerce is likewise impacted as GB products now have import taxes imposed... Channel Xing is now a horror for commercial traffic.

I would suppose that being a GB national is no different than being a US national in this respect...

I just googled this....Thanks for tickling my curiosity.

Oh and one more thing: are you an ACTUAL or just an ASPIRING mobster boss? Not that if u were either, u'd be asking this silly question on a public forum like this....

Yes, I know there is no UK 90/180 exception. I did not suggest there is one.

'The US related portion of the question was never relevant....' Relevant to who? The UK government, the EU, Brexit?

Yes, being a UK national is effectively the same as being a US national or nearly any other third country national in this regard except as of now at least, the UK national does not need a visa. (It will be subject to ETIAS soon though.) Otherwise the same 90/180 applies to all non EU citizens.

My question though addresses the possibility of additional length of stay in Schengen based on dual-nationality.

Thanks!

""Relevant to the issue of EU/Schengen travel vis-a-vis the 90/180 rule....""

...presumably the whole point of your message.

I still do not see the relevance of dual nationality, if said duality does not include an EU member nation segment.... One might as well be Chinese/Zimbabwean; the issues would be identical.

If duality DID include a member nation, travel would presumably be legally free! Not otherwise.

I fail to see where the failure to comprehend is.

I also noticed your ignoring my last observation..... Hiding something??? :)

It's really a simple question. To put it another way, the UK national enters the Schengen zone for about 80+ days and leaves. A few days later, the same individual, with the US, Korean,.. passport, applies for a travel visa to a Schengen member country.

Will the visa likely be granted?
If it is, does it legitimately allow the person to stay in the zone for up to 90 in 180 days, given the fact that 80 some days have already just been spent there? Or, is the visa null and void considering a recent EU visit?

The issues may not be identical because a UK national at present does not need an EU visa, and soon neither will a US citizen.

'I fail to see where the failure to comprehend is.'
So do I.

False dichotomy.
What do you want to know?

Its all rather confusing isnt it but I read that as from 2022,end of,not sure, everyone must get an ETIAS visa,its compulsory.Two different passports probably wouldnt work as they check name on computer file,same name would come up when you are checked through or apply for a visa on line.There doesnt seem any way around this,upsetting if one has bought property here to stay in in retirement or for long spells at a time and due to Brexit one cannot stay at ones leisure,they need to change the rules for Brits who bought/built property here,its very unfair,they have made a substantial investment in Greece and deserve more rights.

Thank you. That was the clarification I was looking for. I know it was a long shot to begin with but worth asking in case any individual member country might accept the new visa, applied for with other passport, regardless of any recent stay in another Schengen country, as each country has its own visa policies. Currently there is no UK visa mandate but as you point out, at end of '22 the ETIAS visa waiver 90/180 travel permit will be in place and I suppose it will cross check for any duplicate permit.

The freelancer visa such as is offered by Portugal may be a viable alternative.

You are right on many levels but don't get me started about Brexit! Ruining peoples lives for political opportunism! 'Taking back control' of borders that already existed in the first place!

Surely if people are retired and can prove financially they are secure then why would Greece not give them a residency permit.it brings in money,they spend the pension here.perhaps people should start applying.I read that each countries has its own punishment for over-staying ones ninety days,from imprisonment to fines,banishment for up to ten years,constant..NO..to later applications etc..Of course the whole purpose of ETIAS is security they say,so applying twice might lead them to assume suspicion on the part of an innocent...more time please...person.If one timed ones ninety days to end just before another lockdown then  lack of flights might ensure that mountain village bit of paradise continues well into the future,back to the future.Bit like in the pub...time ladies and gentlemen....everyone says..oh get lost landlord.

I agree, in that long stay tourism and ex-pat retirement contributes well a country's economy, but political forces within often make this a hurdle, unless one has half a million Euro in their back pocket.

Simple solution: Labour government. Re-join Single Market.

Thanks again.