Question on residency and price for construction

My wife and I are wanting to move outside of Kotor in a year with our three kids.
We live in the US and are ready to go back to the land of my Grandfather.
I have family land there I can build on, will me renovating it to live in allow me to get residency? Also what range can I expect to pay for new construction?
Thanks

Venom85 wrote:

My wife and I are wanting to move outside of Kotor in a year with our three kids.
We live in the US and are ready to go back to the land of my Grandfather.
I have family land there I can build on, will me renovating it to live in allow me to get residency? Also what range can I expect to pay for new construction?
Thanks

Hey there! Sounds like a great idea :) Your grandfather would probably be proud :)
Yes, you can obtain residency based on property ownership: once the property (built and liveable property / not just land or ruin) is recorded in the land registry in your name, you can apply for the residency. Until then you can sort out your residency by setting up a company and employing yourself unless you can purchase some other property that is liveable in the meantime.

When it comes to construction costs that varies greatly depending on the quality of construction... This might not help you a lot, but very roughly that would be from 500€/gross sqm for very low quality, to 2.000€/ gross sqm for high-end/luxury quality.

500€/gross sqm for very low quality, to 2.000€/ gross sqm for high-end/luxury quality.

Thank you.
I am not familiar with that amount in it's currency. Do you roughly know in dollars what that is. Also is it difficult to start construction and can it be done fairly quick?

Hello Venom85 and Tsarine,

Please note that a new thread has been started on the Montenegro forum with your posts. You may now continue your conversation more freely with a dedicated thread to Venom85's question.

@ Venom85 : Welcome to Expat.com, and I wish you much success in accomplishing this goal of yours :)

Best,

Diksha
Team Expat.com

Venom85 wrote:

500€/gross sqm for very low quality, to 2.000€/ gross sqm for high-end/luxury quality.

Thank you.
I am not familiar with that amount in it's currency. Do you roughly know in dollars what that is. Also is it difficult to start construction and can it be done fairly quick?

You are not aware of Euros? :/
Its around 18-22% more expensive than USD