Moving query in Sweden

Hello All,
I am from India and new to this forum. Currently I am based in India and have started my discussion with couple of employers in Sweden. Below is my situation and looking for your feedbacks.

1) I already started job search and discussing with couple of employers. Because my wife is pregnant(Delivery expected by Aug2021), most probably I will first come to Sweden and then apply residence permit for her. I also see many scary stories in forums saying that the dependent work permit takes more than 12+ months? Should I wait until delivery & then apply for all together?

2) Almost one company is showing positive sign to hire me right away, if I accept the offer now lets say June 2021, can the visa process start from mid of Sep 2021 after the birth? I guess it may take like 2-3 months, so I can join from Jan 2022? Will this work?

Sorry if it is too much questions, looking for the suggestions.

Thanks
Dhinesh

Hello,

I wish I could give you a better answer but since those are more personal matters than formalities, information etc. not that easy to answer unfortunately.

However regarding "scary stories" there is a certain system Migrationsverket has, for instance which country you apply from, what type of visa it is about and who you are or your sponsor is, which citizenship they hold etc. and many other facts like those play a huge role, moreover if you for instance apply from a country which hardly ever Migrationsverket get an application from, then your case will be done very faster than from a country which Migrationsverket get lots of applications. Therefore we should know that behind every "scary story" there is another story that we don't see or have no ability to take into consideration.

Nonetheless India happened to be a country that Migrationsverket receives lots of applications from. Therefore whenever you apply I would say it is much wiser to do it all together at the same occasion because by that way you can gain extra pressure from your sponsor (employer) on Migrationsverket, I mean your employer's pressure for all cases in one shot is much powerful than your singel pressure on your spouses case later. And most of all you will spare unnecessary suffering for you and your family by not separating. All the best!