Where are u, my master?

Hi there!

My name is Michael and I am a Chinese guy. I post this topic aiming to find my MASTER, an English master. In China, we have KUNGFU Master, but here I want to find my English master. So, who wanna be my English master? I like making friends with you foreign guies and I can do some favor to u too! I am looking forward to your reply!!! My contact: [email protected]   QQ: 465968996

That is too bad!

Hello Michael, are you looking for an English teacher?

Harmonie.

Hi Harmonie,

Thank you very much for your reply. Actually, I want to make some foreign friends to practice my English. By the way, how much for you to teach and what you gonna to teach? You know,some friends of mine maybe need English teacher, then I can introduce you.

I am now in Dalian. So could you give me a contact? You can find my contact above.

Thanks for reply again. Have a nice day!

Sincerely,

Michael

I am not a teacher.:)

When I saw that you were looking for an English Master ,I thought that you were talking about a teacher, sorry for the misunderstanding.;)

I may suggest you to post an advert in the Dalian classifieds > language exchange section.

It may help,
Harmonie.

Dear Harmonie,

Thanks a lot for your sugestion. You are so nice!

What do you do?

What do you offer Master in Return?
Honesty - Service - Loyalty?
Firstly Grass Hopper 'wanna' is not English !
If you desire to learn English - Use correct words - Not Movie 'SLANG'
My family and I live in Yiwu and seek reliable student to learn correct English and foreign trade skills

聖明

Hi 聖明,

Thanks! But I am confused. Why "Wanna" is not English? Why we can not use movie slang? I think if someone wants to learn oral English well, he can watch some Amercian Movies and TV shows to learn some words which they always use.

I used"Where are you, my master?" as the subject, just because thought abut that movie.

Thank you!

Michael

I am English master degree teacher, how would I ever know more than a smart Chinese kid? ....Learn from dumb American movie...Talk 'English' like dumb American ^_^

Hi My friend,

Thank you so much for your kind reply.

I know that the most elegant "English" is British English. Actually I like British English, but I can not learn the pronunciation and since I started to learn English, all the teacher speak in Amercian English.

But I do think that Amercian English also has its own style, otherwise, why it is so popular now? We all have our own choices to choose to learn British English or Amercian English.

Dumb? Who is dumb? You never know.

Thanks again and and have a nice day!

Michael

In actual fact - 'Dumb' is another word wrongly used by American speaker. The word 'dumb' mean you can not speak. * Usually because you can not hear (Deaf in English) So dumb person can be very clever but can not talk (Dumb)

Wanna, yeah, gonna, sorta.... All lazy way to talk. If America so clever, why have worst crime in this world? Why can not win any war? Only on movie is America clever. America have war on drugs for 40 years... War on Communist in Korea... War on Communist in Vietnam, War on 'terror' When did they win a war? ..... They also invent 'terror' to help defeat government they do not like...

Want to, Going to, Yes,, etc. Sound much nicer to educated and smart business people. Like correct sound of Chinese language...

Maybe you will change your mind and look at 'BIG picture'
:D

Hello!
I really sense a strong academic atmosphere. Personally, I believe the world connect because of communication, therefore, as long as we can understand each other fine, it does not matter what kind of language we speak, right?

Wish Michael find his language "master" soon!

Thanks Juanita.

Yes, I have to say I am talking with a very academic and rigorous English teacher. So what you are doing and what you are going to do to change this situation?

Juanita007 wrote:

Hello!
I really sense a strong academic atmosphere. Personally, I believe the world connect because of communication, therefore, as long as we can understand each other fine, it does not matter what kind of language we speak, right?

I second that! :) We use language to communicate, not compare.

Peace!

michaelchiu wrote:

Hi My friend,

Thank you so much for your kind reply.

I know that the most elegant "English" is British English. Actually I like British English, but I can not learn the pronunciation and since I started to learn English, all the teacher speak in Amercian English.

But I do think that Amercian English also has its own style, otherwise, why it is so popular now? We all have our own choices to choose to learn British English or Amercian English.

Dumb? Who is dumb? You never know.

Thanks again and and have a nice day!

Michael

One way I gauge 'dumb'(as in lack of knowledge) - is the number of Americans who ask me If I (as an Australian) speak English. It is also a well known statistic that compared to Chinese Americans have a lower IQ. It is also proven if you care to do a little research that the educational achievement of Chinese Students is well above those of American students...(and Australian students who tend to be very much like American students in lack of serious study

As a Lao Wai who speaks very little Chinese I have no problem 'communicating' in China - I've met many 'English Speaking' foreigners who have the ignorance to complain that the Chinese speak bad English ha ha ... (which is true) I try to teach good English and keep the language 'English' Just as the Government of China cares about keeping 'westernised' Chinese terms out of the media and keeping the important heritage of Chinese language pure.

With the language of 'America'' there come an attitude. Much of the language is sexually condescending, aggressive, and ignorant of English Language in general. So if you don't mind the 'value' system of Americanisation in China, move to America. You'll find out hard and fast that it's not as cool as they show on TV...

thomerz24 wrote:
Juanita007 wrote:

Hello!

I second that! :) We use language to communicate, not compare.

Peace!

I have taught many young Chinese friends English on qq, msn, SKYPE etc. The English being taught in Chinese schools often poor, and the teachers are not a good influence on students. I am not an English teacher. I am more involved in foreign trade where every day I have to deal with very bad English from 'Internet sales' workers. Many millions of Yuan in sales are lost daily because of the 'language barrier' Many Chinese websites have atrocious English which has been obviously translated directly through a 'Chinese/English' phrase translator on the Internet. *Babelfish by Yahoo is a good example. Where the translation makes no sense in English. There are websites that post Chinese signs so the foreigners can laugh at the words. This takes away the credibility of the Chinese people.
My friends there are many people in the west who believe there are no dogs in China because they all get eaten by the people !!!

There are stories in the press that make the people and Government of China look very evil and very stupid! America is the leader in spreading these lies. I know because I am a Westerner and it makes me sick. I love living in China, and know much of the culture and people. The 'value' system is much better than the West, and every day it is eroded by foreign 'values'

This value system has a lot to do with language, not from a strong academic atmosphere, but from a man who has his eyes and ears open, and see what is really going on....

Wake up kids, language is important. Communication is easy, but to communicate what???

michaelchiu wrote:

Thanks Juanita.

Yes, I have to say I am talking with a very academic and rigorous English teacher. So what you are doing and what you are going to do to change this situation?

Hi Michael,
Thanks for asking. It has been days I did not answer you. I work in a consulting company as local assistant. I am going to leave it there.LOL

@thomerz24
Thanks for your support~

@YiwuAu
Dear Mr./Ms. Master,
The site should have hired you as account administrator. It is really impressive for all your comments.
Glad to know you love living here in China, hope you may help more expats in a more penetrating way.

Thanks~

Juanita

Juanita007 wrote:

@thomerz24
Thanks for your support~

Juanita

You are most welcome :D

I seriously love China, and talk to so many young people about how bad the party is to the people....Where do they get this information from? TV, The Internet, The people her just don't realize that the 'Freedom, and opportunity' in Western Countries is an illusion.... China is a great place to live, and LOVE. I try to be a realist and share my experience to show the world on TV does not exist. I see so many Young Chinese move overseas and become so 'un-Chinese', and lazy. And I tell parents to think of the downside of sending your kids to foreign countries for education, because the morality and values here are truly good.

Juanita007 wrote:

Hi Michael,
Thanks for asking. It has been days I did not answer you. I work in a consulting company as local assistant. I am going to leave it there.LOL

@thomerz24
Thanks for your support~

@YiwuAu
Dear Mr./Ms. Master,
The site should have hired you as account administrator. It is really impressive for all your comments.
Glad to know you love living here in China, hope you may help more expats in a more penetrating way.

Thanks~

Juanita

Not everyone in high class. And Au was came from a very good education family? U r hiding sty  I guess. Did u know how many Laowai can speak Chinese?  Do u know the accent of laowai is so terrible when they speak Chinese? No one in China feel they r learning low class slang is bad.just feel funny. So  stop blabla...Leave china if u don't like it.  And I think u should learn Chinese more if u want to earn money here. Can't be always complain language ability of Chinese busness man. At least they can use English to communicate with u. Could u chat with them in Chinese? Pronunciation is standard?