Extension of STVP through ICA

Hi

My STVP expires on the 28th of April. Considering the ongoing second wave and the lockdowns being announced across different states in India will it be enough to ask for an extension? Should i also mention that both me and my wife have EPs in process? Will that be even relevant for them? I read somewhere that the ICA is more liberal with it's approvals and will consider and approve genuine cases. Anyone else facing similar issues who've got approvals from ICA recently?
Request your advice.

Hello,
    ICA will not be able to extend your STVPs, but MOM can. I am also in the same situation, my EP is pending for a month now, MOM has extended my STVP twice, for 14 days each time. I understand your concerns about covid in India and this was also my biggest concern.

What you need to do is to book your flight 14 days in advance from your last day of STVP and ask your ex-employer to request for an extension based on the flight ticket date to MOM.

Is yours an EP renewal with an existing employer or an EP with a new employer? The reason i'm asking is ours are EP approvals with new employers and my wife's ex employer had already helped once to get an extension from MoM based on the flight tickets and fear MoM may reject our application if we again book flight tickets 14 days from the 28th stating it's not acceptable and that we have to fly. If ours was an EP renewal then the ex employer has the required option to place a request for an extension.

I lost my job in March. The original STVP was supposed to expire on April 8th. Thankfully I got a new job and the EP application for the same was applied on 22nd March. My ex-employer helped to file an extension and it was approved by MOM. It was very generous of MOM. But my new EP application was still pending and my extension was coming to and end. So, I booked another flight for 6th May and requested for another extension to MOM. Just like the first time, MOM approved the 2nd request too. So, my current STVP now expires on 6th May. I am hoping that my EP application gets approved before that.

May I ask when was your EP application filed by the your new employer?

My EP application was filed on the 24th of March and is still pending. My best guess is my employer has messed up some details in my application. My wife's IPA has just been filed so we will need atleast 2-3 weeks for her approval to come through. I'm probably looking at 1 more extension after the next one.

If you're ok to meet and discuss we can do that as well. We're on the same boat. I'm put up near the national stadium.

Does your wife currently hold an EP?

Not yet. Her EP application has just been filed.

As expected ICA rejected my application. Says MoM has to take a call on extending my Stvp since they issued it. When i called MoM asking if we can file a request for another 14 day extension they said since we already have a ticket booked for the 28th of April, we should leave the country, unless it gets cancelled or have an explanation for not being able to leave the country on the said date. Else will have to submit a MC saying my wife is unfit to fly due to her health condition.

Satdal, Which option did you use to extend your stvp through your ex employer? Will appreciate your inputs

My flight was scheduled 14 days ahead from the last day on my STVP and while filing for an extension my previous employer opted for this reason ‘Flight to the home country is within 14 days after expiry of STVP'.

Yes i got that but when you filed for the next extension did you again book flight which were a further 14 days away and use the option stating 'his/her flight is within the next 14 days and needs an extension of stay' ?

Yes, I did exactly as you mentioned. I had to do it because my EP was pending and traveling to India at the moment will be a huge health risk for me and my family.
MOM was generous to approve it 2nd time also.

Oh that's good. Did they ask for a justification for the extension from your HR or was it an automatic approval?

HR has to apply it again, but no justification was asked/required.

That's interesting. It means they're considering the situation in India and giving extensions. So considerate of them. Gonna try that route now.

Thanks a ton for your inputs Satdal.

No worries. Hope your EPs get approved soon.

Fingers crossed for that...and hope your approvals come through too. Guess we've been through enough stress already to last a lifetime.

Yeah man. No idea why it's taking so long. It's a mystery.

@sundarsuhas any update on ur status?

Got another extension...safe for the next 14 days....

On what ground did you manage get your extension? Did u use medical ground again? I'm sorry i'm in the exact situation so been anxious too about extending

Well our flight got cancelled by the airlines and was rescheduled for one a few days later...on that basis we rescheduled it for one 14 days later and filed for an extension through the ex employer...i guess they're
being very considerate and are extending the stay for those from India due to the current situation.

Hey Congratulations! Hope you will get your EP approved in these 14 days.

My EP is still pending and I have applied for 3rd extension but for 24 days. Not sure if I have made a mistake here by requesting extension for 24days and not 14 days, like done previously. I am skeptical that it might get rejected. Fingers crossed.

Satdal wrote:

Hey Congratulations! Hope you will get your EP approved in these 14 days.

My EP is still pending and I have applied for 3rd extension but for 24 days. Not sure if I have made a mistake here by requesting extension for 24days and not 14 days, like done previously. I am skeptical that it might get rejected. Fingers crossed.

Hi Satdal,

Who has applied for the extension this time? Is it your employer?
Also, are you just rescheduling the booked flight to any date before 14 days and using the updated booked ticket to apply for extension? The reason why I am asking is that what if we rebook the flight and MOM doesn't give the extension.

Thanks,
Vinay Singhal

Hi Satdal,

For you  to secure extension for 14 days, MOM issue extension until the date of your flight back correct?

Thank you so much !

@3939 Yes, MOM issued me an extension till the date of my flight.

@ep_check, you have to take that leap of faith and change the flight date and hope MOM approves your extension based on your request.

Hi Satdal. Did MOM approve your 3rd extension for 24 days even it is more than the 14days?

Thank you

hi, may I ask if we can have a chat as well. I have a few questions.

Thanks!

Beamazing: An exchange of experience and information is what this forum was created for. You are welcome to post your questions here!

May I check how long will it take to process for STVP extension? website say up to 14 days, wonder what is the real case experience ?

Hi @beppi ,

I am looking for an extension of STVP for my wife who was on DP.
I recently obtained my EP from a new employer.

Still confused, who can apply for my extension:
  Ex-employer or the current employer?

Able³: I assume she had a DP tied to your work pass and was given a 30-days SVP after cancellation of your pass, right?
In that case, the SVP cannot be extended, except for the following reasons (strictly applied):
- Medical (she is unfit to travel, as certified by a doctor)
- Travel restrictions (no flights available to her country)
In both cases, the ex-employer can apply for a (short) extension until the reason clears.
Not having applied for a DP early enough (Why did you not apply together with your new EP?) is NOT a valid extension reason. In that case she has to leave the country, if only temporarily.
Hint: If she books a flight a short time (days, not weeks) after SVP expiry and visits MoM shortly before SVP expiry, they are usually lenient and extend it by those few days.

Hi, Beppi thanks for the reply,

I tried for an extension on ICA twice but got a rejection mail both of times.
Then I tried to reach out to MOM and they suggested connecting with the ex-employer and send the extension request ASAP with the flight itinerary within 15 days of extension.

I booked the flight and asked the ex-employer to extend the STVP for my DP. As they were about to process and send the request I'd a hunch to check the EP-online site to see the status of DP ... Thankfully It was showing approved (was approved in a day :gloria ) and just the issuance from the new employer was pending...

It was a roller coaster of a ride due to the silly mistakes I did while applying for the new EP.

Points to note:
- Always apply for DP along with the EP.
- Minimum time EP takes is 2 weeks.
- Before leaving the company note down the mail and contact number of your employer.
- Your mail may end up in Spam, so please contact them directly after sending the mail.

hi my 2nd time STVP extension, do i need to cancel first flight?  i need to ask my ex boss to request 7days advance from today so my first flight is valid

@GuestPoster311

hi im in same situation as you, did you cancel first flight? to submit another one? coz now 7 days advance need to submit MOM by my ex boss so my first flight not cancelled yet and does it make sense to buy another 14days flight from my 1st flight?

@khchristine

or juz change the flight date?

@GuestPoster311

i'm thinking to extend and change airticket ticket 1 month coz my epass juz applied last friday. 

i saw on forum it takes so long for approval like 6-8weeks

@GuestPoster311

your 3rd extension approved?

i m thinking to change ticket more than 14days from my STVP expiry date also

Hey Congratulations! Hope you will get your EP approved in these 14 days. My EP is still pending and I have applied for 3rd extension but for 24 days. Not sure if I have made a mistake here by requesting extension for 24days and not 14 days, like done previously. I am skeptical that it might get rejected. Fingers crossed.

-@GuestPoster311

did it aprove?  i m thinking to extend my current STVP to more than 14days as afraid my EP processing takes longer.  it still have 3weeks if i extend 2 more weeks now.