Travel to Brazil from USA

I have one friend who isn't part of this site.
She asked me about that. She intends to live here six months or more.
US citizen can travel Brazil right now??
Have any restrictions to enter to Brazil right now??
If she can so how many days she can stay in Brazil?
She needs round trip ticket to travel?

Right now, yes she can come on a 90-day visa. (Do not bet on extensions)
Heck of a time to come. Hope friend has been totally vaccinated (does not mean 100% never get the virus, but lot better than here)
1. Have her sign up for the US STEP program (For US traveler notices)
2. Getting back into the US means going to a country other than BR and quarantine for 15 days. Airlines have restrictions also on traveling to and from BR. (The STEP notices will help her keep informed.)
3. Show means of supporting herself for 90 days.
4. A refundable return ticket around the 90 days will certainly help

I would have her look into travel insurance w/ covid coverage. This will help with entry also.

She will need to have negative PCR test taken 72 hours prior boarding to her first leg of the trip.

On the way back to the US it is the same requirement (for US citizens as well).

Someone today said 48 hours limit on the test today. Not sure if they meant US or another county(ies)
Tourist cannot enter US from BR without quarantine in another country than BR.

Texanbrazil wrote:

Someone today said 48 hours limit on the test today. Not sure if they meant US or another county(ies)
Tourist cannot enter US from BR without quarantine in another country than BR.

Test taken within 72 hours.
I was talking about US citizens returning from Brazil must also have negative PCR test.

Maybe this weekend I will look thru Biden's hundreds of exec orders.
My special travel agent mentions the 48-hour test which to me would be difficult and expensive for travelers.
It could be Canada or EU/ GB,

Here is the information from the website of the US Embassy in Brazil.

2) Negative COVID-19 test:  specifically, a document from a laboratory test (RT-PCR) for screening for infection by SARS-CoV-2, with a negative/non-reactive result, performed within 72 hours prior to the moment of boarding;

https://br.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/

4/8/21 probably still good =. But I need to help someone going next month, so any change I will update.

As a tourist, the maximum amount of time that she can stay in Brazil would be 180 days. She just needs her PCR Test performed within 72 hours prior to the moment of boarding. They don't necessarily check for funds or return ticket. It is almost no need, I was never asked one. But if she is unlucky, well then that's a different story. It is up to her.

From CDC today
Level 4: Very High Level of COVID-19 in Brazil
Key Information for Travelers to Brazil

Travelers should avoid all travel to Brazil.
Because of the current situation in  Brazil even fully vaccinated travelers may be at risk for getting and spreading COVID-19 variants and should avoid all travel to Brazil.
If you must travel to Brazil, get fully vaccinated before travel. All travelers should wear a mask, stay 6 feet from others, avoid crowds, and wash their hands.
See recommendations for fully vaccinated travelers.
See recommendations for unvaccinated travelers.
Quick guide for travelers

CDC.us for full information

Keep in mind, when getting your airline ticket to come, you are also at the discrimination of the airline / representatives of the federal police in your host country that can deny your entry for any reason. I have seen this first hand multiple times in my travels during the pandemic

This is not the forum for this discussion. So let's just help expats and future expats.  :offtopic:

Hello everyone,

Please note that some off-topic posts have been removed from this thread.

Thanks,

Diksha
Expat.com team

I was looking at the most reason travel restrictions from Brazil to the US. As of May 31 2021 Biden stopped any Brazilian from entering the US. There were other countries such as India also on the list. My wife was telling me many Brazilian were going to Mexico first and then may try to go to the US. If you hold a US passport you can enter the US from Brazil is one of the exception. The world is getting very crazy now for travel anywhere.

If not a citizen or spouse of a citizen, Brazilians may not enter unless they stay in an open country for 15 days. Order says 14 full days therfore it is on the 15th day you can enter). US, South Africa, Brazil, and others . Plus the neg tests and what airlines require.
We just had a friend fly to Mexico and he thought he go and just enter the US. Now has to change flights, hotel, stay and all.