How Can I Bring Substantial Amount of Cash Into Belize?

Hello everyone.
This is a problem I've spent a lot of time researching to no avail. I never would've believed that Belize wouldn't want my yankee dollars as long as it was obvious I wasn't doing anything illegal.
I have had a caretaker for years that I want to give some money to. I won't say the exact amount but let's say it's way over $10,000 so there's a point of reference.
I have reasons that I don't want to leave the money in my will, including the fact that it takes forever to get a will settled here. I have zero faith in the lawyers here and I guess I've said enough about that.
I want to see that this woman has cash in hand before I die, but it seems I'm blocked at every turn.
I won't go into the problems I've had, I'll just say that everything I've tried has failed.
So you know, I don't have a bank account here. I've tried to wire the money to her account at Belize Bank.
So can anyone tell me how I could manage to get a substantial amount of money into this country to give away?                                                                                                                                                                  I've become obsessed over this and it's driving me crazy so I can't tell you how much I'd appreciate any help.
Thanks so much for your time and patience.

Hi! I use western union to send my house manager money in Caye Caulker. The most I can send at one time is $1500usd. But maybe you could send multiple payments and accomplish the transaction over time. Yes, it's really frustrating trying to open a Belizean bank account. I've inquired every time I'm on Caye Caulker and I'm always told No, even though I have a Belizean business registry and a Belizean citizen as my partner.
But western union works for my and if you join their rewards programs you'll get small discounts on the fee. Good luck!

I'm making numerous trips in and out and could possibly help. I'm in San Pedro. Ed

Thank you for such a quick reply coptergal.
A month ago I tried to wire 10,000 from an account in the states to her account here in Belize. The wire was blocked and the info I got back said that her account was closed.
I thought there was just some little glitch somewhere so instead of asking that they send the money again I started from scratch, just in case I got one of the 15 numbers in her account number wrong or goofed somewhere else.
Again they said her account was closed.
Then I started my research and the first thing that comes up is that the laws have been changed and now $500 is the most that's allowed to be wired either in or out of the country.
How does this make any sense?
I thought there must be exceptions to this so started looking for someone to talk to - a department in the government, somebody.
I haven't even come close.
I do appreciate your reply. I wish you all the best. -

Thank you for your reply, Ed number2.
Maybe you could email me and tell me what you have in mind?
[email protected]

You could both open a Payoneer account, then you can transfer her at your heart content and she'll be able to extract in BZD at ATMs or use the card to buy.

hi jechrisc    i would go with the idea from coptergal  not the other    she now what she is talking about  the other might be in it for  personal reasons

Hello --
Thank you so much for trying help me.
When I went to Payoneer the first thing that came up was that their services are intended for business
use only.`
"Personal Payments: If you are looking for a money transfer company for sending or receiving funds between family and friends, or as a primary way to pay for things using their prepaid debit card, Payoneer is not for you."

But again I do appreciate that you took time out of your life and tried to help me.

Thank you for your reply.
I'd thought of this but when I checked into Western Union they limit the number of transfers that they'll do per month. It's been a while, I don't remember the exact number, but it may have been as few as 3 per month.
Like I said, it seems like I'm blocked no matter which way I turn.
But thank you so much for your time.

Hi there!

I've lived here for over 30 years, and have been able to cash checks from my US account at one of the local stores, at times for large amounts. If you want to send me a private message, I can give you more information.

Cheers!
Bzpal

Morning
Ive wired down 30000.00 u.s at one time to a Belizian contractor with no issues provided you have a contract for work with the receiver of the wire transfer.

I had no issues getting a bank account at a credit union in Cayo. Normal paperwork required, can wire transfer monies no problem.  I currently transfer between US$2-3000 per month. After 3 months it now transfers from US to Cayo in 5 days.

Hi -
   Thank you so much for taking the time to reply to me.
I've lived here for 7 years and I've never heard of anyone having an easy time with
getting a bank account open.
I tried to open one(but at a bank, not a savings and loan) when I first got here. One of the things they
required was talking to my bank manager. Who I actually knew. But I could never get this arranged.
When you call my branch, or any branch of my bank, the call automatically goes to customer service. There's more to the story and my efforts but basically that was the end of that.

May I ask how long ago you opened your account?
Who knows? Your info may be the answer to my prayers.
Thank you again for your time.

James C. Connor

Bitcoin

If you have the "Pelotas" to do it,,,, bring "Cash", just make sure you declare it on arrival, You can bring in as much "Cash" as you like, but you must have documentation to back up where it came from;
i.e. bank statements
I have in the past, brought in $50K before, when I was building my home and from the UK.
I got pulled leaving the UK, & in Houston, all they wanted to know where it came from and what its for.
Leaving the UK they wanted to know why I was carrying so much cash, I told them it was none of their business, but did show them where it came from (my bank)
Houston wanted to know "Why and what for", I told them it was for building my home and showed documentation of where it came from, only because I only had 2hrs layover before flying onto Belize, didnt want to risk being held up

Belize side I declared the money, but did not get asked anything about the $50K cash wrapped around my waist in a money belt, but they did search my cases, I think they did not notice that I had declared the cash on the entry form

I also made sure I had a trusted ride ready to transport me from PGIA,,,,, North
just in case someone in customs called their "Primo" that $50K was heading north

This was before I had a bank account in Belize and 20 year ago,,,,,,,, also I had bigger "Pelotas" in those days 
I have no reason to risk it now,,,,,,,,,,,, there are better ways to bring in cash

Other, better ways include,,,,, pre-load a credit card, or get prepaid travel cards that dont have fees for ATMs and are free to purchase,,,,,,,,

Caxton Card

Be careful. You don't know who you are communicating with on these pages.

Nowhere to cash it in in Belize.

Thank you for taking time out of your life to give me a couple of good ideas.
I do appreciate it!

We wired a lot of money to the person we bought land from. It was tricky, but successful. The main reason Belize makes it difficult to wire large sums of money is that Belize is trying to discourage money-laundering. When our seller filed the paperwork to record the sale, he had to sign a paper stating that the money was for a real estate transaction and specifically stated NOT money-laundering. I'd go with the Western Union route. Tedious, but probably the only way. You can also check to see how much cash you are allowed to bring in person, but that would involve you doing it yourself and again, may involve several trips depending on what's allowed.