Tourist visa extension

Hello everyone,

i am hoping someone can please give me some guidance. 

I am currently in Egypt on a 30 day tourist visa, which I would like to extend.  Upon researching whether this is possible, and going to the visa office in both Luxor and Aswan, I have a query about the 'rental agreement' aspect of the application.

I do not speak Arabic, so I struggled to communication with the visa office staff, but it appears that i need to have a long-term rental agreement with a landlord in order to extend my visa.  As I am a tourist, and wish to continue to travel around Egypt, I will not have a permanent 'rental base' for the time I hope to remain in Egypt (3-4 additional weeks).

I surely cannot be the first visitor to Egypt to have run into this problem, however I cannot find any information with regards to the 'rental agreement'. 

Can anyone please help me?  If the fact of the matter is that I need to have a rental agreement in place for the additional time I am in Egypt then I will leave after my initial 30 day visa expires.  If the 'agreement' only needs to be for a shorter period of time, or perhaps just at the time of the application, then that will be fine.

Any advice very gratefully received.

With thanks,

jim

Do you have hotel.bookings ? I believe if you show these they will accept them. There was something written recently about this by a lady in a similar situation.
Here in sharm you do not need to show rental agreements but I know that Cairo, Luxor and Hurghada always ask for them .

Hello Jim,
check this website it has all the details u need abt extending your visa and what exactly u need to do so :)https://www.egyptonlinevisa.com/visa-extension/
I understand that u only need current egyptian address either rent contract or hotel stay they are not specifying that it shld be the exact period u r staying so any contract wld be enough plus u have to go in- person to Egyptian Passports, Immigration, and Nationality Administration office in the old Police Academy in Abbasiya, Cairo. The office is open between 8 am – 2 pm ever day except Friday (Saturday is for pickups only).
other docs u ill need:
A valid, eligible passport
The eVisa with which the foreigner has entered the country
The extension fees in cash. Several fees apply.
The Egyptian address the applicant is staying at
Passport-sized photo
wish this can help and answer ur question :)

Hello Angie,

Thanks very much for taking the time to help me out.  I will have a few bookings made for the near future - I will take evidence of these in to the Cairo office and see if they will accept them.

Thanks again,

Jim

Hello Ahmed,

Thankyou very much for your help and for all the information.  I will have some bookings made so hopefully that will be sufficient. 

Thanks once again for taking the time to reply to my question.

All the best,

jim

It must be something new they have started in all my time of being in  Egypt I have never heard of that before . It  use to be no problems with renewing the visas

Hey thanks for replying.

just my luck I guess!!

Cheers,

Jim

@jimclayton05 peace be upon you.
may ALLAH (GOD) bless you and your family.
Peace be upon you.
mohamed