What struck you about Indonesia?

Hello everybody,

When you first settled in Indonesia, you might have been struck by cultural aspects of life in Indonesia and you might even have anecdotes about your integration here.
We would like you to share with expats-to-be what you discovered once you arrived in Indonesia: customs, traditions, interesting or fun facts etc.

What were the things that surprised you the most after your arrival?

Are there any practices that are particularly out of step with your culture of origin? If so, what are they?

What do you think about them?

Did you get used to these and adopt some of these traditions or norms?

Do you think you would take some of the customs of Indonesia with you if you were to return to your home country or move to another country?

Thank you!

Cheryl,
Expat.com team

Nothing shocks me since I got into Indonesia. Everything is good and friendly.
1)  I am wondering is that in general in my country the houses located around a lake are very fancy and expensive but here in Indonesia ones seem to be ugly and cheap. So, I think that if those areas are invested for the sewage management facility then it can be a good opportunity for making money.
2) Also, easily pack of people on a single bike can be observed in the street which makes them feel more family tie. 
3) A toll on the highway is very expensive compared to other prices.
4) The famous visiting place such as Borburdo apply different price policies for tickets between international and domestic. 7 times more for international and they treat KITAS holders as domestic.

So far so those and hope to share my experience more in near future,

Enjoy your life in Indonesia.

Thanks

BM Chon

I was curious about some of this stuff also, so thank you for sharing.