Hi I'm Holly!

Hi I'm Holly.

I'm 27 and from the UK. I'm looking to move to Thailand once restrictions have lifted in the UK.

It would be good to get any info/tips from someone who has moved from UK to Thailand. I don't know too much about which visa I should get, I want to stay here permanently.

Any help/info would be very welcome. Many thanks!

Holly :)

Hi Holy,

I am from India and as per my knowledge you can enter in thailand without any visa for 30 days and you can extended your stay for more 30 days.(this rule was applicable before covid 19)

If you wanted to stay here for long time than you will have to get non immigrant visa..non immigrant visa depends on your long time stay purpose.

Hope, things will get better soon and once the situation will normal. You will get the non immigrant visa.

Thanks

hollyelizabeth12 wrote:

Hi I'm Holly.

I'm 27 and from the UK. I'm looking to move to Thailand once restrictions have lifted in the UK.

It would be good to get any info/tips from someone who has moved from UK to Thailand. I don't know too much about which visa I should get, I want to stay here permanently.

Any help/info would be very welcome. Many thanks!

Holly :)

Welcome to the forum Holly.  :)

For visa information go to Discover at the top of this page and open the Thailand Guide. There is also plenty of information to be found on other posts here too.

It would be best for you to visit a Thailand embassy nearest to you as the requirements change very often in Thailand and follow the directions they give you as they are the ones who will be issuing the visa.

Hi 👋

Well if you really want to stay in Thailand, there is 2 option i see. One more expensive than the other....

You have to apply to a Non immigrant visa, if you are not married to a thai or retired (50 y old minimum)

You can apply for a working visa like being a English teacher and have some kind of sponsor like someone hired you and help you out with all the papers...

Or go with an elite visa that cost a lot of money...

Hope it helps

Good luck in your projects

What qualifications do you have and financial backup..?

Remember, if you have a money problem along the way you cannot hop into McDonald's to earn a little on the side, in fact you cannot do anything a Thai can.

Also, there is nothing like the NHS for you, you must fund that or insure yourself. At 27 you perhaps are not thinking about old age and how you will fund that, you will not have the UK state pension backup. Old age shows up way sooner than you think..