For anyone using Transferwise, they are changing their name.

I received this from them today.
"We're changing our name to Wise.
Because we're the international account used by over 10 million people to make it easier to live, work, travel and do business around the world."

Was using them for years to send BRL -> GBP and this recent update has been a pain! Can anyone recommend other options that don't take a chunk of the transfer as a fee?

English Penguin wrote:

Was using them for years to send BRL -> GBP and this recent update has been a pain! Can anyone recommend other options that don't take a chunk of the transfer as a fee?

I use ria money transfer I'm not sure is it cheaper or not but I  can transfer directly from my bank account to bank account in Brazil.

English Penguin wrote:

I use them to send USD to Brazil every month, and haven't seen an increase in fees with the update.  There was an increase between November and December, but it was only ten cents US.  What kind of increase are you seeing transferring GBP?

It's not actually a fee increase, it's that they are fully not supporting the transfer anymore at all from BRL. I get this message

"Sorry, you can't make transfers from BRL at the moment. We're working to change this as soon as possible. Please check back here for updates"

They did notify me in early January that they'd be temporarily stopping it but they don't have an ETA for when it's going to resume. I know they had a shady split with MS Bank and even MS Bank poaching customers from Transferwise by using their customers emails, but for the moment, I don't really see many other options to send money abroad FROM Brazil other than the expensive bank transfers and SWIFT options, again expensive!

Californian.in.SP wrote:
English Penguin wrote:

I use ria money transfer I'm not sure is it cheaper or not but I  can transfer directly from my bank account to bank account in Brazil.

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately I am trying to send Reals to Sterling and this site doesn't seem to support that.

English Penguin,

Sorry to hear that.  I wonder whether it's Brexit-related.