Expat moving to Abu dhabi

Hi all,

I am moving from Canada to Abudhabi soon.

I have breakdown the living expense for a family of 4 / month.

Groceries: 5k
Utilities: 1k
Rent 3 bedroom villa near/in khalifa city: 11500
Car( reg+fuel+insurance) : 5k
School: 3k (as 50k is paid by company for 2 kids and i have put 85k per annum for both)
Misc: 7k

TOTAL: 32500 AED /month

kids aged 6 and 8 .
Kindly if anyone can help me with this  , if this is a good estimate or i am way down.

Help would be much appreciated.

Sam.

feb 23
Hi Sam,

The budget is good.- In fact you could save some after you move in - as you will realize that Abu Dhabi is a cool place and not very expensive for day to day expenses.
yes of course if you splurge then no amount is enough.
Regards
G.Pekette
0527503464 whatsup

Thanks gpekette.

I was wondering the utilities might be i am putting on lower side .

N one more thing is there any expense , that i am missing n have not included.

Sam.

Sam
You have covered all
Insurance and all will be provided.
I dont know about the kids Visa expenses. will your employer take care of the visa and Insurance for the Kids.
Like i said do add me on whatsup +971527503464
a bit easier to converse
regards

Yes- this break down of costs is right. You may have a nanny 2,500-3,000 per month depending on whether she living in or out. This monthly expense includes her annual visa renewal which is quite expensive for expats- 9,000-10,000. If you are considered a tenant for your home, then you are responsible for paying a municipality fee which is 5 percent of the annual rental amount. Finally, I am not sure where you are planning to send your kids to school but at this age there are far cheaper schools- 40,000-50,000 per year. The two most expensive schools charge around 72,000 per year through elementary school. Overall, school gets more expensive through middle school and high school. Finally, certain kids activities like soccer may be expensive 5,000/ year at certain leagues. Best of luck, Sofia

Thanks Sofia .
Much appreciated.