Vaccines required in Belize

Hello everybody,

When living or moving abroad, and in particular in Belize, vaccination against certain diseases is often required to enter the country or to avoid risks.

We would like to ask you a few questions to help future expats there.

What is your relationship to vaccines in general?

Did you get vaccinated before moving to Belize?
Were these vaccinations compulsory or recommended?

Did you refuse to get any vaccine that was recommended for Belize? If so, why?

If you are an expatriate in Belize, are you encouraged to get a COVID-19 vaccine? Do you have access to the vaccine and do you plan to get it?

Is this vaccine required for entering the country now?

Many thanks,

Diksha,
Expat.com team

What is your relationship to vaccines in general?
   I'm a firm believer that the benefits of vaccines far outweigh any small risk posed

Did you get vaccinated before moving to Belize?
    no special vaccines recommended or required. We did update our tetanus shots.

Were these vaccinations compulsory or recommended? No, not recommended or compulsory

Is the COVID-19 vaccine required for entering the country now?
No. But we strongly recommend anyone coming to Belize get their Covid vaccination before leaving home if possible. Belize does not anticpate having any vaccine for Covid sooner than late March and obviously at risk Belizeans will be first in line, as it should be.

hi  my name is helen  i am trying to move to belize  the corozal reagion.......as of this week  i have learned two things  the first is that belize  requires  one on two things   either  proof of a covid vaccine or a health certificate in the last 94 hours that is negative   also heard have not  confirmed yet that belize borders are closed   except for the international airport......which has messed up my  getting there  as i have two large dogs and also have house cats   have no way of getting to belize without driving.....which means driving through mexico   this  sucks  big time   anyone have any info/help doing this??

Hi Helen,
I think there are quite a few of us waiting for the Belize northern border to open.
My advice is to be patient and get your covid vaccine, if you can.
I don't know if testing will be offered at the land border. You might get a test in Chetumal, before entering Belize.
Get the health certificates for your pets just before leaving. The certificates are valid for 14 days after your veterinarian checks your pets and signs the certificates.
Then, enjoy the drive!

hi  i already have  ALL  health permits   what i am trying to do  IS GET  ALL  ANIMALS    TO  BELIZE    WITH  ME

:) Hello

Im a health care work yes in the USA people are getting vaccinated but as far as am concerned there is just not enough vital evidence of what the vaccination is doing, there are cases where women that took it are now experiencing blood clot ..I DONT HAVE A PROBLEM WITH TAKING IT  but i do feel more info is needed more research honestly im afraid of the VIRUS & the VACCINATION..the one thing i can say is that GOD is watching me cause from the begining as people was aloud to stay home i was OUT here ..

Blessing to all & there opinions :cheers: